Friday, August 05, 2005

Want to join a new country?

A friend from the UK just emailed this to me.

"This is an interesting story. (My friend) started watching a new six-part series on BBC2 this week. It's called"How to Start Your Own Country." Danny Wallace is a Londoner with ambition - he's attempting to start his own country in his flat (after failing in his invasion of Eel Pie Island, and being unable to purchase an island for his own use). This week, he delivered notice to Tony Blair that his flat is seceding from the UK. He is recruiting citizens on the internet. (When [she] checked, he had just over 3700.) If you'd like to read about his inspiration for this, and follow his quest to establish his own country (even join and be a citizen), here's the website:http://www.citizensrequired.comNot too sure how serious this guy is, but it's an interesting story, and very funny."

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get a chance to check out the link, but it should be interesting. With over 3700 people signing up, it might make him serious. I'm still foggy on how one would start his own country.

    I also like the green, it looks way better than I thought it would! ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and I think the chances of a Buffy movie are zero and nil. I don't think the main person, Sarah Michelle G. will want to do it, I see her wanting to do more movies (bad or not) and not go back to Buffy. But I think a Buffy movie would rock. You're not only one dissapointed by the ending. Sigh.

    I'd like to see an Angel movie, though, and I will be watching "Bones". I hope you will too, they might need the ratings! (crosses fingers) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 PM

    Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm on my way out of town right now, but when I come back I will come visit your blog and check out your links. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm starting my own country has always been a fall back plan but I never thought of doing it in my own house........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Zombie Lama. They both seemed a bit rushed. And while gunngirl is probably right that the odds of a Buffy movie are zero & nil, I keep hoping that maybe someone will surprise me and the talks will go through.
    I just hope they don't wait until all the main actors are in their 60's so those of us who adore the shows have to suffer through hoorors like Kidman's Bewitched.

    ReplyDelete