Thursday, August 18, 2005

Today's Ramblings

Yesterday was my birthday and it was rather anti-climatic. I did nothing but drive my sister around town and shop (repeatedly) at Wal-Mart. Once everyone was home, we had veggie plates for dinner, watched a bit of TV, and went to bed. I loved every second of it. I was not at work and I was able to relax. It was great!

Today, unfortunately, I came back to work to find an adorable card from my staff and a king sized package of Reeses peanut butter cups. My favorites! Once the children's hour was over, and all the rug rats and their parents left, I was able to kill a large chunk of time checking my email and catching up on the news.

Normally, I will avoid commenting on current events because there are several million sites that are managed by individuals who are better informed and able to put forth their opinions in far more clarity and coherency than I can ever dream of achieving. But these 2 stories just get my dander up.

The first in the Btk case. I find the entire media circus almost as horrifying as the court case itself. Why must the media tell us how he did his research and find out all the best ways to kill? Why must we know that this sick fuck killed a child and then maturbated over her dead body? I could have cared less that he dressed up in their clothes and then took pictures. I want to know more details about why this sick fuck will not get the death sentence. I want to know more about the chain of events and evidence that led the police to him. I want to know about the detectives chain of thoughts. What I do not want to know is how this lunatic looks in the dress of 1 of his victims. I do not want my over active imagination to be able to picture how he looked as he masturbated over a dead girls body. Yet now I can and I do not appreciate it.

The other annoyance is Cindy Sheehan. If you follow this link, you will end up at an article about the vigil held last night by the anti-war protestors. I want to make clear that I disagree strongly with this war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think it is all a crock of shit that wastes resources and has been mismanaged by the bureaucrats from the beginning. However, I find this bimbo absolutely disgusting. What she has turned herself into is an absolute farce and it is enough to make me want to hit the reporters for encouraging her to make an idiot of herself. Her son was killed in a war that is a waste of resources and the stated reasons have proven to be invalid. That is horrible. But guess what? Several others have lost their children in wars they disagreed with and that is just in the past 2 years!

It is a historical fact that people die when they go in to armed combat. Her child knew this, as did her husband. Obviously, this woman has managed to avoid that particular fact of life. How is beyond me, but being oblivious no longer gets you killed. While I would be among the 1st to die in an older era, I almost wish some great catastrophe would occur just to improve the gene pool. Too many people like Sheehan are missing the minor facts that war is hell. It is not a clean game you play by pushing buttons. It involves people sweating, swearing, and generally being the toughest bad ass you can be to survive. No where in the description is the phrase, "clean shaven, deoderized, sanitary conditions" to be found. It would not be war if it was all clean and sanitary.

When I hear or read people who feel like Sheehan I can admire their view point. It would be wonderful if the world was filled with individuals who are all open minded, accepting and caring. It would be heavenly if all problems could be solved in a peaceful nonviolent manner. However, those history classes and text books that these idealist obviously missed are chock full of how it ain't going to happen any time soon.

Just look at BTK killer, dead beat parents, the educational system and how it is fighting a losing battle to educate the nest generation because of these idealist who feel that self esteem matters more than actually learning anything. It does not freaking matter. I am a generally calm, passive soul with a lazy streak 20 miles wide and incredibly anti-social. Despite these basic personality facts, I want to stomp in to the ground the morons who find dog fights to be entertaining, parents who do not grasp the fact that a child requires taking on responsibility beyond demanding a welfare check, and am incredibly infuriated by how society is just stupid.

Side note on societal stupidity: Earlier I read Zombie Lama's blog about how society is willing to accept the commercial industry without a qualm about body image and what is beautiful, yet we argue over politics and are willing to get into bloody fights over the right to put up a beer sign. I agree with his comments, plus those which were posted in response. I know that I personally have serious body image issues. At 5'7", 145 lbs., wear a size 8, I should not feel like I am overweight blimp with an ass that rivals the Good Year Blimps'. I am constantly watching my diet and exercise despite my doctor's orders. Arthritis, fibromyalgia, a compressed spine, and diabetes make things like sprints a BAD idea. Guess what I do? Though I also do yoga to make sure my joints do not hate me too terribly much and it does wonders for muscle toning.

2 comments:

  1. YOU do not need to lose weight. There I said it again. I on the other hand have gained 10 pounds in the last two months and need to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exmi -
    its because of all that baking you do. You bake, you eat, you gain! Just be greatful it is only 10 lbs.

    both of you -
    I appreciate the sentiments, but it still does not change the fact that I am going to drive everyone insane as I partially listen to the doctors and give up the carbs and some of the sugars. Just NEVER the chocolate.

    zombie lama-
    it amazes me that society can produce 2 such totally different personalities. Both need to be removed from the gene pool, but the dichotomy is astounding to me.

    ReplyDelete