
Here is the picture they managed to get of me here at work. It took a lot of sneaking around because I kept closing my eyes, turning my head, that sort of nonsense. It honestly was not deliberate. Closing my eyes is just instinctive and the turning away was because they tried to take these pictures on a Monday evening. That is our guaranteed busy day and after 3 pm it is a madhouse in here.
I am bored out of my ever loving mind right now. There are no projects I can work on. Reports are all done until the 30th. Not that I have many because I am not trusted enough as a lowly branch manager without an American Library Association degree to actually understand things like statistics and the importance of customer satisfaction, let alone how to manipulate data. Just because I have been doing that in every other job I have had since I started college is a small detail, and the fact that I have more degrees and experience than most of my "superiors" here is a small teeny tiny detail.
No, I am not bitter. Not a bit!
I know that I could write some fictional tales, but when I do start, I tend to fall into the cliched "zone" and am not that pleasant to those tax payers who pay my salary so that is a really bad idea. I do not have anything good to relay to friends. My head is pounding which makes life all that much less exciting. And there are far too many people who can't think for themselves. I am getting very tired of blatant stupidity. I mean, really, am I asking too much when I expect people to understand the word "Restroom"?
I suppose I could play an online game but that just does not appeal right now. I do not want to start reading a book because my head is really pounding and I am seeing streamers as my eyes shift. This is just annoying and so I am sharing my low level annoyance with the web world. Everyone reading this, feel honored.
And if anyone can, I am open to IM through my hotmail email. I am routinely bored enough that I am always willing to IM. I will have to disappear for random moments as I help a patron, but on Thursday from 12 noon until closing, we are lucky to have to do anything but putter around. Same goes for alternating Fridays and Saturdays. Monday through Wednesday depends on whether school is in session and if the kids have reports due. But for anyone as bored as me, PLEASE! IM ME! Help keep me awake if nothing else! And that goes for the new mommy, and my UK friend, T.N., exmi, and anyone & everyone who looks at this. I do appreciate the time you guys spend online with me. If you guys did not help out, I'd never make it through the day.
BECAUSE I HATE BEING BORED!
Going off on my favorite job related rant - I know the main reason I hate this job as much as I do is not because it is so stressful, demanding, or just plain hard to do. No. It is because I am bored out of my skull. I have 1 meeting to go to every 3 months. 1 monthly report to write up and that is more like fill in the blanks. Monthly faxes to send but those are on demand from higher ups. And that is it. I do nothing else and it drives me bonkers.
I know that I can create projects to do, but I end up turning most of those over to my staff to keep them occupied during their shifts. And if I have volunteers it is even worse because there really is not all that much to do at any given time. Pretty dang depressing. On days I am not seeing migraine streamers as I shift my eyes I am going to have to start writing fiction. It is going to be pure self-defense because I can not stand to do this little and just sit all day to no purpose. I know there many people who would kill for this job but I am just bored! And I hate when my head attempts to implode.
Evil computer supervisors. A couple other friends are blocked from IM-ing as well at work and it ruins all sorts of time killers.
ReplyDeleteHOWEVER! Email is another option for anyone stuck in boredom land with me. I start finding problems and become involved in personality disputes amond my staff when bored and I REALLY do not need to do that. It would be death professionally and since I do want out of here, I have to pretend to keep to a certin level of decorum.
kls1221 -
ReplyDeleteIt has been a while since we have seen one another hasn't it? I have just gotten lazy and keeping my hair in a pony tail or braid is a LOT easier to deal with.
zombie lama-
uh huh. really. I do believe you
zombie lama -
ReplyDeletethat is absolutely insane, though there is a certain level of sneaky respect for anyone that paranoid about what their employees do.
If ever my current bosses got that paranoid/strict, I would be in serious trouble because I certainly have no problem with blabbing away online during work hours.