I did have other topics I wanted to write about today, but well . . . Today officially sucks. I might write about the other stuff later today, but not now.
I was walking this morning and mixing it up with some sprints when a truck came by. This is nothing unusual. However, the spot the truck and I intersected was a creek that had washed away the road. The county had dumped a bunch of red clay to fill it in. Last night it rained.
Can you guess where I am going with this? And you want to know the real kicker?
This is where someone fishes and leaves the remnant's in a pile. Guess what happened when the truck drove by and I stepped to the side to give him room to pass. You're right! I slipped and fell flat on my back in the stinking mess. I had fish guts and Georgia clay in my hair. My day took a sudden nose dive at that point.
The poor guy felt awful and offered to drive me home, but I was a bit pissed so I thanked him and sent him off. I walked home, stinking and slimey. And lets not forget, I had fish guts and Georgia clay in my hair.
I took a shower and cleaned the shower immediately after getting home. I then managed to get some breakfast, but my slim fast lunch ended up all over the kitchen cupboards, wall, floor, microwave, stove, fridge, toaster oven, and oh, yeah, me. I took another shower and cried.
I figure that by tomorrow I will see the humor in this. Right now, my jaw is clenched, neck is tight, and I am ready to cry buckets - preferably while taking a 3rd shower.
I need to apply for jobs but I think I will wait until tomorrow when today is funny. Today is complete sucky. Can I go home yet?
Ohhhh, I feel your pain! I'm sorry you had such a sucky day. Are you saying you threw up? I'm sorry. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteIf if helps, we can be miserable together. I HATE my job, and just lied to them that I had a bad injury so I could free up some time to look for something else.
I'll give you my shoulder if you give me yours.
gunngirl -
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU! I am so close to just crying right now. And I have certainly told some whoppers to get free time to go searching.
And any time you need a shoulder, I am willing to listen.
PS
What type of job are you looking for? Any particular location? Thanks to several friends I have amassed a rather decent collection of job web sites to post resumes on and search from if you are interested.
Some days, it doesn't pay to get out of bed......
ReplyDeleteMy day has definitely evened out, but I ache like mad right now. (Gee, wonder why?)
ReplyDeleteThank God my job is such a dull one cause otherwise I'd be quitting. As it is, I'm in that odd mood where I am starting to see the humor of this morning, but not quite to the point of laughing. Crying is still an option, and I really want another shower.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ANOTHER SHOWER!!!!!
Oh my - I have never had fish guts on me and hope to never have them on me ever. EVER. You poor thing. Go get you another shower!!!
ReplyDeletehigh desert diva -
ReplyDeletewhat can I say? Cooking is something I just do not do. It is just me, and since I have a bad habit of forgetting to eat, slimfast is my best bet to avoid things like anemia, scurvy, anorexia, or similar evil things. A diet of nothing but skor bars, snickers, reese's pb cups, and diet vanilla pepsi is not a good one. I know. I tried.
Clarification - it is not matter of not liking food or thinking I need to be thinner or anything like that. It is just that I do not cook. I would rather read a book and forget those things called a meal in favor of picking up another book. And since I tend to take walks and listen to books on tape, I have even less inclination to eat. Drinking anything cool and refreshing is high on my list of things to do though. Same goes for lunch. I rarely leave for lunch because my choices are barbque or subway and I do not like either. I am not packing a lunch and then driving an hour with it sitting there, and then have to clean up and have vile breath while dealing with the public. So slimfast strikes again.
And no, I am not lazy or stubborn at all.
high deset diva -
ReplyDeleteI certainly understand the fear of Subway. He (Jared) is really just creepy. I don't care how they try and make him look. He is too far up the weirdness scale.
Some day my diet will improve. I just need to figure out how to hire a personal chef or move to a city large enough that I can get pre-made meals delivered.
Awww, that sucks. I can't even believe the bad luck!
ReplyDeleteI was actually the driver in a situation like that when I was younger. I was late for an appointment and lost and I drove around a circular drive in front of a government building kind of fast, right after a rain storm and right into a huge puddle. A six-foot wave of water splashed onto the sidewalk- and right in the faces of three business-suit clad people standing there. I looked long enough to see their open mouthed shock in my rearview mirror before screeching off.
Yes, now as a mature 30-year-old, I would have stopped and apologized and offered them McDonald's napkins to dry off with, but then I was young and stupid and in a company car, so I didn't want them to see any identifying information!! :0