Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today Is VASTLY Improved

It has been a much better day today. Once I got home last night, I took a shower, had a MASSIVE bowl of Breyer's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, took another shower, and went to bed. Life is improved after yesterdays debacle. Now I just need to get a massage because my back is killing me. Could be because I landed hard on a bunch of fish guts yesterday, but who knows? At least I can now see the humor in yesterdays events.

EXMI has recently posted about his pond. Here is my point of view. Having land, with or without a pond, sucks. I know that many many people feel that owning a chunk of land and having privacy is wonderful. I can agree with the perspective. However, my ideal would be a two-story townhouse with a small enclosed patio I can have a container garden on and that is it. Having land means real work. Cut the grass. Weed the flower beds. Worry about the roof during storms. Fuss with repairmen and delivery men when anything breaks. I do not want to do any of that. I want to pick up the phone, report that the toilet is leaking or my door knob is stuck, and then go to the movies. When I get back, it is fixed! That is my personal ideal.

I have developed a serious hatred of living in locations where there are more dead frogs and possums than there is asphalt. I want to live some day in a place with seasons. I do not want 9 month summers or winters. I want 6 months of summer, 6 months of winter, 3 months of spring, and 3 months of fall. I want a location where I can buy meals already made up that cater to my allergies and tastes. I am NOT a fan of bar-b-que, pork rinds, grits, or deep fried anything. My tastes lean more towards fruits and veggies, with international cooking (mandarin chinese, mongolian, indonesian, brazilian, etc.) all favorites of mine because they do rely heavily on fruits and veggies. I know that I am dreaming, but I am definitely tired of the great southern experience. Time to move on.

Oh well. Time for something more positive. Like this is a short week! I have this Friday through Monday off, and then I only work 3 days next week! Yippie!

The downside (mostly so no one hates me) is that starting Saturday the 10th, I work every day that week, including Sunday. I will be a wee bit fried. Fortunately, I don't do a thing here at work. I spend time using the computer to complete inventory, and Thursday afternoon I will be doing the monthly reports, but that is my entire agenda for the next month. Stressful life I have. No wonder so many bizarre things happen to me. Nothing else does.

September will be another month that speeds by. In my personal life, I will be running errands, dealing with lawyers, packing, and generally going insane. Why? Because Christmas is coming up and that is a holiday that takes forever to plan for. I look forward to the day I do not have to ever worry about getting gifts, choosing items appropriate for my staff and supervisors, getting themed material picked out and placed, and generally wondering how I am going to avoid the blood bath that comes from competing mothers on the eternal quest to have everything perfect for their little ones.

Right now I am looking out the window and feeling grateful that I am inside. Thanks to the location, we are getting several really bad storms and tornadoes. Currently, it is pouring rain and windy enough that the rain is coming down sideways. Driving in this is not going to be fun. but it is neat to watch. Last night, I drove home in a similar storm. It was rather neat because the lightening was beyond beautiful. The wind was another matter, but can't have everything.


If I ever do get a different job, it is going to be a massive shock to my system. Most days I play a lot and mix in a little bit of work for variety. If I change jobs, I am going to actually have to work! Actually check my professional email, keep a real appointment calendar and actually be prepared for meetings and to participate intelligently. Now, my only meeting is held every 3 months and all I have to do is show up with my name tag on. It has a certain level of lazy appeal, but it has bypassed the level of boredom. I am just dreading the day I actually have to perform and actually produce something.

I think it is time to start writing those romance novels. Otherwise I will need to get a real job and actually have to be on time and other horrors. I do not need a lot of money to pay my bills after all. I just have to figure out that health insurance bit. Now all I have to do is actually start writing. Sigh.

Changing subjects, but this weather and all the storms are going to be causing some serious havoc for the near future. I drove home in 1 yesterday. There was an "almost" tornado down the road from work I just found out. And Katrina is not exactly disappearing from the weather maps I have seen.

Oh well. It is 5:20 and I am bailing out early-ish. Till tomorrow's posting!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, start writing!!! (how long have I been saying this???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. exmi-
    I know. I know. It has been literally years. W have discussed this in excruciating detail and I need to either start avoiding my family entirely or move in with them.
    I am trying moving in first cause this job pays diddly squat, but the odds are you will end up with me as a roommate cause my mom is, well, my mom.

    Mantra - I love my family. I love my family. Eventually, we all might believe that.

    zombie lama -
    THANK YOU! I am surrounded on all sides by people who want that perfect spot of land to call their own. It completely boggles me because I just do not understand. I keep trying to simplify my life, not add to my responsibilities.
    And the great outdoors has those awful things called bugs. EEEEW!

    (Can you tell that I am a girlie girl? ;-) I even have a true princess & a pea style bed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite car site at the moment:
    Absolute Automotive
    Regards,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete