HeHeHe! It is now 5 p.m. and in an hour, most of which I intend to kill by reading & writing, I am on vacation! I am taking an extra day & while I am going to be working and having to help entertain family, I WILL NOT BE AT WORK!!!!! I am absolutely thrilled!
I have lists forming right now of all that needs to be done before my uncle & at least 1 cousin show up at my mom's, but it is going to be nice not to have to do anything but boss my sister around because I am in charge of getting the place clean. FINALLY! It has driven me bonkers because my sister misses those clumps of dog hair that gather in corners and the organ my great grandfather bought as a wedding anniversary gift has not been dusted or truly polished in months. So I get to indulge my compulsive disorder to the max this weekend.
The fights are going to be truly fantastic. Oh well. If experience holds true, nothing will really be accomplished beyond getting to Wal-Mart, taking my sister to get her hair cut, and lots of puttering around the house.
Everyone reading this, wish exmi luck because he is the one who listens over a bowl of chocolate as I go into great detail why my family is insane. I love them and would never trade them, but we are all ready for some serious therapy. I try to get really good chocolate ice cream so that he can comfortably phase out as I rant.
Changing subjects, but I just helped an individual who is absolutely rancid. I do not care how poor you are. You need water to survive. No one will ever be able to convince me that they can not afford to take a freaking bath/shower. I have worked with people living in buildings made from the cheap press board and painted with tar, yet that family was 1 of the cleanest I have ever come across. Their bathing facilities consisted of a shower curtain held up by strings wrapped around some convenient trees and a hose attached to the only water source -- an outdoor spigot. So how can someone living like that be cleaner and fresher smelling than someone I know has a decent job and a real home that does not use duct tape to hold the walls together? Please, someone, explain this mystery to me.
And yes, cleanliness is a major issue with me. I can't stand to smell people under most circumstances, so when a person comes in to my workplace reeking of B.O. or their preferred perfume or cologne, I get a bit testy. That smell lingers in a closed environment like this.
Life marches on & closing time is a bit closer. I can't wait!
Something else I wish to have explained. Why has droopy pants stayed as a fashion statement? I know how I feel when my clothes start to sag. I can't stand the feel of the crotch of my pants, shorts, whatever being so far down that I can feel it and have to hike them up. So how can these people tolerate the crotch of their jeans between their knees? And doesn't the waist rub when the jeans ride on your hips? Isn't there a level of paranoia that the jeans will go ahead and fall down at any moment? I certainly could not stand it. I can see many who seem to revel in it, but its enough to have me boggled.
Next I have a technical question. But how can I load some videos on to this blog? I have been trying to figure it out and failing miserably. Some pointers would be appreciated.
What can I say? Life is temporarily sweet.
ReplyDeleteBesides, I was right about how things would go. We have accomplished little more than introduce me to the wonderful world of "Hot Wheels Accelerator" movies. By the time I go back to work Tuesday I should have the blasted things memorized and be ready to be lobotomized & prepared to join the zombies. I've already seen it 4 times today & its just after 4pm now.
ReplyDeleteYep, I've about had it with droopy drawers, too. Time for a change!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great long weekend-