Thursday, September 22, 2005

USS Alligator

Here is something fun for the archeologists in the group. The USS Alligator is apparantly on the "to be found" list and I met 1 of the gentlemen who is going to work on the project. I found the entire site, as well as the conversation, absolutely fascinating.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! I have never even heard of the Alligator before! something new for me to do instead of finding a job or being productive.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cool. I heard that one of those sunken submarines from the Civil War was raised recently. I think I saw it in an issue of National Geographic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exmi-
    you needed an excuse? I can provide long lists of reasons not to be productive if you need more.

    zombie lama -
    the problem with learning is that it means more to read about & I do not need anything else to read. I am running out of space as it is!

    zombieslayer -
    what was really fascinating was talking with the gentleman and his wifr, both of whom are part of this project. The stories they told were fantastic! I am hoping to get more out of them, because hearing a 1st hand account about the funny parts of building the replica of the USS Monitor was great!

    ReplyDelete