Monday, September 26, 2005

It Is Officially Boring

Well, I am officially on the path for gainful employment in Tennessee. I spent a large chunk of this evening looking at jobs and managed to find several that look good and sent in my application. Now I just need to get the jobs and Lord knows I am praying, begging, demanding, nagging, whining, and generally being obnoxious about the matter.

It all boils down to the fact that I want out of Georgia and would really like to have a life. It gets old going home and knowing that all I accomplished was sending out my resume and blogging. I vastly prefer knowing that I managed to organize an event and pulled it off. Or that my presentation went well and we got the money. Or that the bathrooms are now clean and the litter boxes have been bleached. Anything is better than being a cipher here at work. And I hate having to choose between food on the table or gas in the car. I have always managed to keep the utilities on one way or another, but I am tired of living off $1200/month. I know that is nothing awful & there are millions who would kill to have that much, but I am used to better paychecks & I REALLY miss those. Just as I am used to doing more with my brain than feeding it candy and generally shutting it off for 8 hours of work (+ 2 for driving & add 1 more for lunch) out of each day.

Yesterday, after spending way to much time cleaning the old home stead, and bleach really is a wonderful scent (NOT!), but I plopped down with exmi to watch some anime. Among other things, we covered how the cold, aloof, uncaring characters/people always say that caring is not worth it and how they refuse to go through the pain of losing someone they love. Exmi is right in that there really are not that many ways to express that emotional protection, but there should be! It's like the evil madman always has the scary laugh and details his evil plot right before the miracle occurs and the good guys win the day. I like it when, every now and again, the bad guy just kills the good guy and never tells what fiendish plot he is brewing. I want the synopsis after the good guys win the day , yes, but lets wait until the end, OK? Let's try something new occasionally.

I am trying to think of how a character could convey that they do not trust humanity not to hurt them if they care without sounding like an idiot or a professor. Not that there is much difference, but there are miniscule differences. Any ideas are welcome. Right now I am still reeling from the liberal amount of bleach I used yesterday to clean the car and the homestead. I know there are safer alternatives, but when I clean, then it will be cleaned and sanitized to the point you can eat of it. The cats do there best to destroy that level of perfection just be stretching and shedding madly, but that is just 1 facet of their reason to exist. The rest is because they are the center of the universe and have done a fairly good job of managing events so that no one blows themselves up too often.

3 comments:

  1. That's one thing I liked about the movie Heavy Metal (the original one, not that awful sequel). The bad guys were just bad and the good guys only won once (the taxi driver - that guy's one of the coolest characters in film ever). Not that I'm pro-bad guy, but if you know the good guys will always win, where's the suspense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. zombie lama, we watched the 1st 3 out 5 DVD's of the cornball "Flame of Recca." I loved it, but exmi was rather blah. Since they were free thanks to this beloved job of mine, complaining is not an option.

    And zombie slayer, you are so right about the original Heavy Metal movie. That I loved but the sequel was beyond awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one is full metal alchemist? I think I have read the manga's, but these tend to run together after a while.

    ReplyDelete