Another 9/11 remembrance is complete. I am amazed at how many forget what happened and how the human psyche can ignore what it wants. Oh well.
On the way home yesterday I was listening to a psychologist working with the poor in the Houston super dome and was rather disgusted by the entire interview. I can agree with a lot of the facts that were discussed, but the way the 2 spoke of the poor misunderstood souls who needed more help and how the drugs these poor frighteningly incompetent souls needed were difficult to get made me want to barf all over my car. To be clear, the tenor of the conversation was that only the poor were mental incompetent and that is why they were poor. As mental incompetents, they could not handle the level of stress that a "normal" person dealt with on a day to day basis.
What a load of crock. Let's see, how many loons are there in history who were VERY wealthy souls? I think most of the British royal line counts here. And stress is nothing more than how an individual does or does not cope. Just because I find it stressful to have to smile all day at a group of people I do not want to associate with does not mean that Joe Schmoe won't get off on it & find my idea of a relaxing weekend hiding behind a stack of books not only beyond comprehension but enough to have him climbing the walls & highly stressed out. Besides, NOT having money is always stressful. Ask anyone who is not in the same income bracket as the Hilton's & Trumps. They also have stress but worrying about paying the power bill is not on their list of stresses.
This morning when I got up late, I had a totally out of the ball park thought about gay marriage. I was wondering how gay marriage would affect green cards. It is a fact that many people marry Americans to get their green cards and now with gay marriage considered a legal fact in a growing number of states, how soon until gay men & women start following a well established trend?
I decided that there was little to nothing I could do about that particular topic at 6 am, so I got pulled together and went for a walk. Today's was a wonderful contrast to many in the past. The dogs stayed close. I had an escort of tumbling leaves thanks to a steady wind. I saw a rather large turtle working his way down the road. The dogs chased some deer across the road & that was a cool treat. The terriers did not come out barking. It was just a nice walk with a lot of nice, quiet moments.
Then I came to work and it is amazing how quickly the day goes downhill from there. But I have found 3 more jobs I am going to apply for in NC & life continues its merry little way. Now all I have to do is kill time until about 4 when I get to have my evaluation done & then it will be 8 pm before I know it & I can go home. After I pay the power bill that is.
See, living in the country is GOOD, you won't get turtles and deer and quiet in the asphalt jungle......
ReplyDeletebxebyw
To be clear, the tenor of the conversation was that only the poor were mental incompetent and that is why they were poor. As mental incompetents, they could not handle the level of stress that a "normal" person dealt with on a day to day basis.
ReplyDeleteSee, that's why in a way, I'm looking forward to the upcoming zombie plague. Doubt that stupid shrink would make it very long. But I know a lot of poor folks who will make it out all right.