I am pleased to announce the obvious. It is Thursday. FINALLY! For me, it means a long day at work (9 am - 8 pm + hr long drive 1 way) but once I get home, I have nothing to do until Saturday. I have very simple plans for my day off. Retail Therapy! Once I have accomplished the basic stuff, I am meeting exmi and going to see the intellectually stimulating film, Transporter 2. I am almost positive that I will walk out of the theater giggling because of the lack of anything resembling a plot or even acting, but what the hell. If I am lucky, there will be some cool fight scenes & maybe a few shots of Jason Statham's chest. After that, I will hit Wal-Mart & go home. Though I think some chinese might be interjected in there.
Other than that, I am soooo glad to be sleeping in my own bed again. I knew was tired. Sharing a bed with my sister is fine & dandy, but sleep is impossible for either of us. The term "cranky" comes to mind if we have to cope with each other too long. She has no problem with her dog sharing the room, but I have serious problems with it. It constantly amazes me how incredibly noisy a dog can be at night. The scratching. The jiggling tags. The wuffling. The sneezing. The nails clicking on the floor as the dog patrols the house several times at night. The cold nose and tongue swipes when a foot or hand dangles.
I have cats, OK? They might sneeze and they can definitely sound like a herd of cattle when they start running in their mini-rampages, but mine are all well trained. Ooops, they have me well trained. When the lights are out, we have our assigned places. I sleep with my back against the head board, comfortably sprawled amongst the various pillows. The cats have the foot of the bed. We share the covers and sometimes they sleep snuggled at my neck. They talk - a lot - but their idea of an active day is jumping onto the bed and maybe running to their litter box to check and see who is in there.
To add to the joy of sleeping in my own bed is the sheer mass of comfortable pillows. In my family (& circle of friends) I am the only person who has mounds of pillows throughout the house. I do not see why this is so unusual. Pillows are comfortable. They can be used in a myriad of ways. They keep my back from killing me like it is now after a week at my mothers.
Let me stress this again. Pillows are good. Pillows are your friend. You can never have enough pillows. Anything soft and comfy is a good thing to add to your home decor. And if you can, add it to your car. I am now starting to look for pillows for my small car. I like those new squishy pillows that are out now in various small sizes & bright colors. I think they will look good in my white Eagle Talon. Maybe bright pink & neon green?
Among other topics discussed at my mothers, the length of my hair was brought up several times. I have had my hair short numerous times over the years, and I just do not like it. Partially because it is higher maintenance and partially because the number of women asking me for dates increases in direct relation to the shortness of my hair. I have issues with that, so sue me. I do agree that as long as it currently is, the lack of any style what-so-ever is unflattering. Being the vain soul that I am, I figured a perm would be an option. There are problems with this idea though, and any solutions are appreciated.
The 1st problems is that I do not know anyone around here who perms hair. And the people I have seen and talked with can only recommend good people who cut hair, but no one knows of someone who is good at perms. The 2nd problem is that my hair "takes" incredibly well. As in, if I do not take care, I end up with a 'fro. I have some problems with that look in general, forget for myself. So it all sums up as I need a good hairdresser. I have tried all the tried & true methods of finding someone, but I am at a loss as to what to do now.
So exmi - ask your mom for me cause she is probably within ear shot if you are reading this.
Last night I watched the Bruce Willis flick Hostage. I should have gone to bed. It was interesting and all, but I was able to finish paying bills, sort laundry, eat dinner, unload & load the dish washer, get today's lunch ready, iron, go through a week's worth of mail, take care of some filing, and still manage to keep track of what was happening in the movie. And all things considered, it probably is for the best that I stayed up & took care of all these odds & ends because I slept through my alarm today & had 20 minutes to get pulled together & out the door. And since I only have 1 massive pulled back muscle instead of several knotted muscles, I think I needed that sleep.
I like Thursday afternoons. They are quiet here at work. If I am feeling anti-social I can indulge myself & hide in my office all day. Or, if I feel like wandering the building I can check the never ending supply of lists and feel like I am accomplishing something. Today, since standing back up after bending over to check a shelf leaves me feeling like I am about to pass out from pain, I think I will wrap up this post & go check emails. I sooo want a nap!
I so understand how you feel about work... I work 9-5 and my commute is about the same varying on the traffic always takes an hour each way to work. Do you even work in GA? I see on your profile you live there. I grew up in SC myself. :-D Southern Bell at heart!
ReplyDeleteBecky -
ReplyDeleteI work & live in GA, but live in 1 county, work in another, & my mom lives in the next county across the state line. It makes for an interesting time.
kls1221 -
I understand because I have some of my own old pictures post perm & the fro is anything but a good look for me. I am just tired of having flat hair & want some life to it.
I hope you get some rest. Maybe sleep in a little late on one of your days off. Put of something, it'll be there when you wake up. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOL when you talked about the noise the dog makes and how cats have their mini-rampages. LOL,I know A LOT about that.
One of the glories of my life is that I have not got enough hair to perm, and wouldn't if I did. (Pictures of me in Jr. High school illustrate that, with a mother that was a hairdresser, I did have perms. sigh.
ReplyDeletePatience is a virtue, Patience is always rewarded though a character in one of my favorite plays responds to those sayings "Mine haint never been!"