Friday, December 30, 2005

I Have A Headache - again

It is barely 11:30 am. Today started well. I slept myself out last night, which was great! I had a fair to middling good workout this morning. I laughed at some of what was shown on TV. I had a LONG HOT shower, which I adored. I am wearing my comfortable boots & 1 of my favorite outfits. My radio picked up NPR all the way in to work & there were several neat stories I enjoyed listening to. I was on time to work. The morning opening routine was headache free & went quickly. In fact, we had 20 minutes to kill, which is why I posted the fable. We opened & delivery was here. I got LOTS of new books to read (like I need more). It is quiet today because everyone is some place else & I applaud the public's dedication in not being here today.

But the phone rang & that is when I developed this headache. First off, I had someone ask if we were open when I answered the phone. Next, my problem child called to ask 1 of those "what is she thinking?" questions about whether automatic deposit had already been processed. DUH! After 10 years, they are going to suddenly suspend making automatic payments just because. Right. After that call, I found out through the rumor mill that my supposed assistant has applied for a higher position in-house but has not told me.

While I honestly wish her the best, & indeed sincerely hope that she gets the job because I think she would be good at it, I am upset. Mostly because she is the only person to apply in-house, so the odds of my being called to give an opinion are around 100%. How would it look if I had no warning? Or am I over reacting? I do not know. I do know that I will be honest & up-beat because I think she deserves the chance & will be good at the position. But I am a lot upset & definitely offended that I found out from the rumor mill.

And I have a headache!

2 comments: