Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Who's Ready?

Everyone have an excellent Christmas? I hope so because this is the 1st for me that I can recall which was actually fun & relaxing & I enjoyed in over 30 years. We did nothing but eat and even then, it was all simple, easy meals that required no real effort or planning. Mom & my sister had everything ready so that while I was there all we had to do was throw it together & eat. The onions were already chopped, the cheese was grated, meat was precooked stuff, life was good. When we were not eating, we were talking, working on puzzles or knitting/crocheting (well, they knitted & crocheted. I did puzzles), watched movies, played with my nephews new toys, and took multiple long naps.

The only down side is that not only am I back at work, but the great cosmic illness joke is still at play. Even though there is no real reason I should get a cold myself, since my nephew & sister both have one, I am waiting. I always get sick during the holiday & since they both used me as a kleenex & frequently coughed right in my face, I am almost guaranteed that this strange itchy feeling with a runny nose is a cold. To add to my personal cold guarantee, I slept with my sister over the weekend. She was trying to hack up her lungs, stomach, & intestines, and she shared her germs liberally, usually right in my face. Believe me, you learn just how close you are to someone when the hack, sneeze, and cough all over you. Especially at 2 a.m. when all you want is to sleep.

So who is ready for 2006? I can claim that I am because I have the 1st of 5 projects here at work completed. 2 of those projects are going to be farmed out anyway, so I am not worried about finishing by the 30th. I see no reason why I should take down the Christmas decorations when there are people who actually enjoy doing that kind of thing. Personally, I have my calendar's all set to go, all my gifts where they need to go, and life is actually pretty good.

Reality is FAR different. It will take forever for me to adjust to 2006 instead of 2005. I have a laundry list of items I need to accomplish over the next 6 months, and I am terrified that I will fail on all fronts.

My resolutions are the following -
1. Get a new job
2. Move
3. Lose 20 lbs. (if it kills me & everyone around me)
4. Get a new car

4 simple resolutions that should be remarkably simple to accomplish. Yet I am already doubting myself and my abilities and most definitely my will power to carry through. Ironically enough, I think I will be able to lose the 20 lbs. now that I have found a decent way to eat that does not leave me hungry. Since my tummy is also loads happier with me and my need for prevacid has dropped from 2 a day to zilch, then I am making the assumption that I am on the right track. I could be wrong, but . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment