
I finally remembered to get some pictures developed this past week and this is 1 of them. It was almost embarrassing to look in my camera bag & realize that out of the 12 rolls of film I had, only 2 had yet to be used. So, I bought more film & added to my mid-year resolution list.
Looking at this pictures, all I can say is that I really do not like those curtains. Thank heavens I tossed them. As for the cats, the orange marmalade is my Murphy. He is the man of the house & considers it his duty to yowl at everyone & everything - the faucet, the door, me, the list goes on. Next is the grey potato on a stick. Her real name is Mickey. However, due to an unfortunate combination of short stubby legs & a serious weight problem, she looks like a potato on tooth picks. Last is my late beloved baby, Allison. She dies this year and it was a horrible, painful death that had me a basket case for months, before and after. There is 1 other cat, but she is not in this particular picture. Her name is Mallory and she's the old lady of the bunch. She has been living with me for 15 years now.
It is a rather sad statement that I have lived with a cat longer than I have anyone else in my life, and that includes family.
The next most important part of this picture is my bed. I adore that bed. I'd probably run back in to a raging fire to save it, after getting the animals & important papers out, of course. But that bed is the culmination of several years of acquiring blankets, quilts, tapestries, and various bed coverings. It is my version of the bed from the "Princess and the Pea" fame. I call it My Nest, though others have many other choice terms for it. To give the uninitiated an idea of just how seriously I take my sleeping comfort, that bed starts off with a standard box springs and mattress set. On top of that, I have 2 quilted mattress covers holding 2 small oriental rugs, an old car rug, a tapestry, 4 antique quilts, old curtains I will never use but are soft enough that I decided to use them anyway, sleeping bags, and lord knows how many blankets. On top of that, I have another set of quilted mattress covers holding 3 full size egg crate pads, 2 comforters, and 3 throws. Then there are the 3 body pillows, 2 standard pillows, and then the multiple throw pillows I sleep with. And of course, the cats sleep with me. And I have all of this crammed onto a full sized bed frame. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment