Friday, July 22, 2005

Today's Revelations

Nothing much has been revealed. I am just realizing that I am getting old and deciding that I detest the process. I miss being able to go all week on 4 hours of sleep a night. I miss being able to wear my contacts for 24 hours plus before my eyes started burning & itching. I miss being so relaxed and uninhibited that hugs were to be relished and not avoided like the plague.

It is rather depressing to know that at 1 point in my life, I had no problem sitting beside another, or under various circumstances even in another persons lap. Amazing how often that happened on trips to the beach. ;) Now, I am getting rid of my sofa partially because I want it gone but also because I want to reduce the odds of having to sit beside someone. At work, there are numerous individuals who are absolute dolls who love to hug. I manage about 90% of the time to avoid them by either being involved helping another patron or gathering an arm load of books up so it is to difficult for them to hug me.

Going back to the sofa tangent, but I really am looking forward to getting rid of it. I have never wanted any piece of furniture so big & heavy that I can not move it by myself. There are 2 massive exceptions - an old organ and even older commercial ice box - but everything else I can pick up and haul to a truck, another room, where ever I want to move it to by me, myself and I. That sofa does not fall under that category & I want it gone. My decorating ideal is very simple - pillows and color. Nothing else is needed except for the book shelves and light so I can see even without my contacts or glasses.

I really am tired today. Putting my head down and snoozing sounds like a magnificent idea. I think I will have to become energetic and productive soon. Being a snoozer at work is a BAD thing.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    So is this physiological or psycological?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous -
    I really have no idea. Probably a bit of both because my touch aversion grows when a lot of the older ladies come in a insist on hugging me.

    kls1221 -
    I hate to think of how I look when I move my bed, esp. since it is soooo many layers and such an incredible mix of soft squishy layers. But that is the other exception to my rule, though I can move all 3 pieces by mysely - if I have help from technology. ;-)

    ReplyDelete