Thursday, June 30, 2005

Am I the Only One?

I am trying to schedule the next few weeks so that I can make sure everything gets done and I actually have time to sleep and money to pay for it all. I know that I am not the only one does this sort of insanity, but why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we schedule so many items on our to do lists that eating becomes something quick in the car between appointments at the doctors and getting the oil changed?

Keep in mind that is what tomorrow looks like for me. I honestly do not have any free time on my day off this week that is not scheduled with something. And a lot of tomorrow falls under the dreaded, "Do 2 things at once." It is no wonder I am so tired!

Here is Fridays' general outline - get up so can get my yoga & 2-3 mile walk in, take care of the fuzz buckets (5 cats, 2 dogs, & 2 fish tanks), get place straightened up and laundry sorted, eat, get cleaned up, out the door so can be at mechanics to get car fixed by 9, but stop before hand to drop stuff off at Good Will, leave car, walk to the pub. Library to get latest book I requested, walk back to mechanics & take care of bills while waiting for cat to be finished, run over to Verizon & power co., hit discount food store, then Wal-Mart & pray to be done in under an hr so can get home, put everything away, pack for weekend, gather everything up so that 2 day mini-trip will not harm animals, do a better job of straightening & putting away and cleaning so that when get back after work Tuesday night, can go to bed, start laundry, load most of stuff in the car, and its now 9 pm, time to go to bed so can get up & out so can be at work by 9, after an hr long drive.

And I have a calm life compared too many. I do not know how people with families accomplish anything. I'm going nuts trying to take care of the 3 dogs & they aren't even mine! If there were children involved, I'd be taking extra jobs just so I could hire a nanny.

Oh well. The fact that I am willing to do this to myself says a lot. As does the fact that despite being an anal retentive control freak, I still managed to finish 3 books yesterday says a lot about my priorities in life. 1 of which being that people probably should be higher on my list.

The 1 book is called "Herein, Timespell" by Robert Challette. Don't waste your time. It is a bad formulaic sci-fi/fantasy that has nary an original idea, name, location, anything. I read it mostly because it was that or 4 month old golfer's digest & parenting magazines while sitting in the doctor's office. Since I qualify as neither, I read the boring story.

The other 2 are paranormal romances. Sherrilyn Kenyon's latest, "Sins of the Night," is on par with the rest of her romances. I enjoyed it because there was lots of neat information about some of the staple characters in the series as well as being a fun read. The other book is called "Urban Shaman," by C.E. Murphy. I intend to start looking for her future releases. It was definitely 1 of the better books I have seen in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment