Friday, July 08, 2005

Goofing Off Again

I just found a fellow tea fanatics blog site & 1 of her links is to an incredible shop. http://saphyrerose.blogspot.com/ is the blog & the eshops are rather fascinating, esp. if you are an avid tea drinker.

I should be working hard, being productive, and all that jazz. Instead, I am doing random searches on the net, wondering what people are doing, wishing more of my staff was not going through menopause because it is freaking cold in this building. Stuff like that.

I have discovered 1 thing today's thanks to work. Neil Gaimon's sequel to American God's will be out this September (supposedly the 20th but that involves publishers) & is called Anansi Boys. The blurb I read says," Charlie, 'Fat Chance" Nancy has received many gifts from his father, most of which he would rather have done without - Charlie's nickname, for starters. However, it turns out that old Mr. Nancy has quite a few nicknames of his own, such as Anansi the Spider, the Trickster God and the God of Mischief - and it is only once he has dropped dead in the middle of some phenomenal karaoke stylings that his final, most amazing gift to the quiet, serious and self-effacing Fat Charlie is revealed."

I don't know about anyone else, but that just sounds like a fun read.

Beyond those highlights, today has been rather dull and I am enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment