Thursday, June 02, 2005

Humanity Really is Stupid

I am suffering from stupidity overload right now. I am constantly being bombarded by humanities stupidity. Today's up close and personal examples include the ever delightful staples.
1. "Where is the bathroom?" Sometimes phrased as "Do you have a bathroom?"
OK, this is a tax payer funded library, what do you think? Of course there is a bathroom! See those big signs over there? The ones you just walked by but were too busy picking your nose to notice? Sheez!
2. "Do you have any computers I can use?" Well, let me see. There are 15 computers with bright glowing screens scattered about this small building. You are standing in front of the 8 1/2 by 11 sign & sign-up sheets. Hmmm, no, of course we don't have any computers for you to use! Just because your tax dollars paid for everything in this building does not mean you have any right to even be in the building. Moron!
There are other work related frustrations, but since I am technically on my lunch break and have to go back to work in a bit, I do not want to completely lose my temper. Tempting, but incredibly unproductive.
As for the outside world sources of stupidity, a glaring example is the brilliant pieces of land development called California. I'll be the 1st to agree it is a gorgeous state and has all sorts of wonderful views and things to do and all the rest of it. However, CA is on a major fault line. The ground has demonstrated, repeatedly (& let me stress this - REPEATEDLY) that it is unstable and prone to land slides, mudslides, quakes, sink holes, and quick sand. So why the hell would someone build a multimillion dollar home on a piece of land with all these minor flaws? Its like building a stone tower in the middle of Louisiana's bayou's with a metal roof. Last time i checked, that area was a swamp and prone to those pesky weather events like hurricanes once or twice a year. Nothing much to worry about there.
What has happened to humanity? Did we give up our brains when we moved indoors?
I am no where near innocent or even a back to nature soul. Insects and I have a love-hate relationship as it is. They love me & I hate them. It works. And living with me if I am denied my bed at night and a shower in the morning is an exercise is patience because I do not handle it at all well. In fact, I am sure there are bears waking from their winter hibernation that are in better moods than I am when required to go without my morning shower. Asking me to also sleep anywhere but a comfortable bed is an excellent way to commit assisted suicide because I'd kill anyone after that.
But I still try not to come across as an oblivious moron. I look for the bathrooms. I look for signs explaining or pointing in whatever direction to see if it is something I need to know. That's why they are there after all! I just do not understand why this is such a difficult concept for large segments of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment