Friday, May 27, 2005

Playing Around

I have been playing around today & came across this posting while adding to my links on this site. This is absolutely hilarious! It involves some military guys & is a classic example of too much testosterone. (link) Click on the site and be prepared to wonder about their insanity.

While scanning through this particular bloc, I read his comments about how lately, if a child goes missing, the cops are led to the body by a registered sexual offender who killed the child. He asks the same question I have. If these people are known sexual predators with histories of violence, then why are we letting them rejoin society? His language is a lot more colorful than mine, but I agree with him.

I can see the flip side of the argument - that not all registered sexual offenders are dangerous. There are all those poor schmucks out there who had sex when 1 or both were under the legal age. 1, if not both, now have records as sexual offenders. That strikes me as rather unfair because the only reason most of the USA would not fit in the same category is because we were smart enough not to get caught, you know?

Of course, there is the example of the teacher who just wed her student on national TV. Mary Kay Letourneau & Vili Fualaau got married May 20, 2005, 7 years after she went to jail for satisfying his wet dreams. Oops, I mean "sexually abused" him. Granted, they had to go through that small stuff like her jail term and such, but hey, they are now married and she is a registered sexual offender. While I think the couple are dangerous in the sense that they have no intelligence or taste, that's as far as it goes. I sincerely doubt if she will ever be a problem once all the media hype is over. I just am praying it ends soon because there is something sickening about the 2 of them together.

I keep trying to forget that the 2 have reproduced. I fear for the gene pool.

Fortunately, in the latest mags (Entertainment Weekly & People) , Brad Pitt tends to be included somewhere & that helps a lot. What made this batch of magazines especially tolerable was seeing Viggo Mortenson mentioned. He is in a new movie himself. Saw it in the latest Entertainment Weekly that he was in the movie A History of Violence. Now all I have to do is find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment