Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"They" lie!

I am about to share far too much personal information and I apologize. However, this is the perfect format for faceless venting & I am taking advantage.

Thanks to a series of wonderful doctors, I am on the orthotricyclen version of birthcontrol. Up until this past cycle, I have received the brand name from the Wal-Mart pharmacy. Last month, because a new prescription had been issued, the delightful pharmacists issued me the generic version. I, being tired and vastly more interested in getting food to eat than what was in my prescription bag, did not notice until I got home and unpacked all my goodies.

Since I am inherently lazy, I just shrugged my shoulders and went with it. THAT WAS A HUGE MISTAKE! This time around, I started 5 days early, and that flow is added to my normal days, its been heavy, I have been cramping, my back aches, I want nothing more than my bed and a heating pad, I am starving yet everything smells bad, and I HATE THIS! Yes, I have all the normal complaints, but this time around has been 2-3 times the normal crap & I am objecting most strenuously.

So as I have already said, anyone who claims that generic is the same as brand name is a LIAR!

1 comment: