Monday, January 30, 2006

Where am I? Who am I? What is Today?

I am so confused! I am moving next weekend and I am stunned at how unsettled I feel. I really have no problem with moving, but this time, I feel all helter skelter. I do not have the keys for the new place yet. I have yet to get the utilities taken care of. I am going to have to get the car tag & my driver's license taken care of some how. I am rather shocked by how many books I have, and lets not talk about my wardrobe. Actually, lets talk about my wardrobe. I am starting to have to root around for my clothes & it drives me crazy. I am extremely anal retentive and not knowing where my stuff is throws me in a big way. Yes, it is in 1 of the multiple boxes in the dining room, but which one? Who cares if they are all labeled and in sections, I want "X" now!

Have I mentioned that I am a bit anal retentive? And compulsive?

Beyond my crabby personality, not much is going on. I have been reading a bunch of romances and other garbage. I've been packing. Packing. Oh, and packing. Driving to & from work. Putting out fires at work. Trying not to pick fights, despite the temptations.

I have also reached the depressing conclusion that I need to start walking again. I am starting to get that marshmallow look around the middle, and I despise that look. The only real problem is that it is still cool and damp which HURTS! Having fibromyalgia is a bitch. Mix it up with arthritis and life just aches. It does not help to know that the more yoga, pilates, swimming & walking I do, the better my weight, waist line & pain management will be. It all still hurts and it makes mornings rougher than necessary.

1 of the ironies in my life is that I get up around 4-5 am so that I can be a functioning, mobile, human adult by 9 am. Most people think I am a morning person, when the reality is that I despise, detest, loathe, & revile mornings. I get up that early because it takes at least an hour before I can move without having to use the wall, furniture, whatever is handy, to keep from falling over. And thats just because I am stiff, when it is cold & wet, I CRAMP! Waking up in the middle of the night with charlie horses, or my arm, my feet cramping, or my all time perfect hell, a full body cramp that keeps me from breathing, that is why I hate the cold.

I am ready to go home. Unfortunately, I still have an hour to go. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. When you're my age, you still cramp and stagger, but you sleep in and do it when the sun is shining. I have been working slowly through the book, and just realized that I'd better hurry.

    ReplyDelete