OK, I know that I have been distracted, completely turned around & up-side down, stressed, and generally unhappy with this blasted wet weather, but I want to know how I missed out on winter in general & January specifically.
It is 70 degrees according to the sign at the bank, and it is January 31st. Someone, please explain to me what happened to winter? And since I do not recall New Year's Eve, or generally anything about January beyond a vague feeling of rushing to get everything done and not kill anyone. Myself being the #1 person on that list, but that's another posting. If January has passed by in a blur, what is the rest of the year going to be like? If it is already in the lower 70's, what will August be like? Will eggs cooking on the side walk be a common sight? Or to be more accurate, broiling in the 200% humidity.
Of course, there is always the chance we will have a sudden cold snap & everything will freeze in its tracks. After about a week, it will be in the upper 90's, but that is a small detail.
I will be glad for Feb. though. I may be completely unprepared for any of the chaos known as Feb., but at least I will have moved closer to work. I will no longer be driving 50 miles 1 way on dark back roads in an old car. I may not be thrilled with the new place, but I can't complain because there is lots of space, it is solid, it is cheap, I can have my pets, and it is close to work. Since that is the basic mix of what I wanted, then I will try & enjoy the ugly peeling wall paper & other disasters waiting to be discovered, & look at it as a challenge of my ability to channel Martha Stewart. If I can make it work, I will post pictures of what the trailer looks like before I move in, immediately after I move in, once I have unpacked, and then what it looks like after I have "fixed it up." That should be an interesting series of pictures.
God, please help me! I need divine intervention! Where is Martha when I need her!
I'm glad I'm out of the South. that kind of temperature in the winter drove me nuts.
ReplyDelete