I had another conversation that I really wish I could have avoided. I now know for a fact that the use of vibrators and dildoes is common here in small town Georgia. I could have cheerfully lived my entire life without knowing that. It is not a shock or surprise, this is a military town after all. 1/2 the married couples I can name off the top of my head are military of 1 form or another. That alone would make toys a common place house hold item.
That is probably stereotyping, but come on, am I wrong?
I am just grateful that we were interrupted because any person willing to say that they not only miss their husband, but the main reason was because the AA's were not cutting it any more,
is probably in the mood to discuss and debate. I am on the clock, and since this is a topic that has blindsided me, I am not sure just what honesty I would have blurted out.
Thankfully, I am on the clock and interruptions happen frequently.
I should have known today was going to be a bad day. I had a spider and a cockroach climb into bed with me last night. The cat was eating the spider when it joined me, so I just shuddered and made the cat take her snack away. The cock roach was a reminder why I should not sleep with the windows open in S. GA. When I woke up this morning, I was proud of myself because I did not throw a screaming fit when I found the gross bug dead & stuck to my thigh.
Damn it, I work hard to keep the place clean. Maybe I should move to S. Dakota or some other chilly place. maybe cockroaches & mosquito's won't be the state birds there. Or am I dreaming? I have never left the east coast line, so I am a bit befuddled by the interior states.
I am just grateful that we were interrupted because any person willing to say that they not only miss their husband, but the main reason was because the AA's were not cutting it any more,
ReplyDeleteis probably in the mood to discuss and debate.
Definitely TMI. I'm surprised they told you this.
As for roaches and spiders, another reason I'm glad I don't live in East Texas anymore. Didn't matter how clean you were, you'll get roaches.
"Bob" discussions... LOL
ReplyDeleteAs for mosquitos, you'll find them everywhere, even Alaska...
And I remember those "roaches" from my two years at Ft. Stewart...
Someone tried to tell me they were "palmetto bugs"
Bullshit. If it looks like a cockroack, sounds like a cockroach... It's a damn cockroach!
Actually tom Palmetto bugs are giant roaches that come in from outside, smaller roaches become permanent residents of your home, and while not as exciting to look at, are much more gross.
ReplyDeleteSteph. I wish you had recorded the sound you made when you discovered the critter on your leg. We could probably put in on CD s and make a fortune. (especially around Halloween.)
ZS-you'd be surprised what people will tell you. I know more health and marriage details than I ever want to consciously recall.
ReplyDeleteRT-I AGREE!
3-Score - that is why I was proud of myself. I did not screech my head off. I just gagged & made funny faces & wiped the dead bug off, gagged some more, and then buried the memory. Hopefully in a few months it will no longer be accessible