Thursday, January 12, 2006

Some odds & ends

1st off, can someone explain to me WHY THE HELL it is front page news in USA Today that Angolie Jolie is preggers with Brad Pitt's child? Aren't there more worthy items that should be covered? Like the new plan unveiled last night in New Orleans for redevelopment? Or the man who attempted to assassinate John Paul II has been released from prison & officials are not sure how this happened, seeing as how he was supposed to be serving a LIFE SENTENCE!?!?!?!? Sharon is showing signs of improvement? That surviving miner is coming out of his drug induced coma? Or perhaps that I am looking for a new job? Oh, wait, sorry. That's personal & not worthy of national attention. Kind of like the fact that Jolie is pregnant.

I am a bit disgusted with the news media lately. Some of what has been covered strikes me as rather ridiculous. I will admit I find it funny that 1 of Oprah's book club choices has turned out to be a liar & all of that nonsense, but its not worth all of this attention. He wrote a book, said that it all has happened, but I have yet to hear or read that he ever said it happened to him. So just because Oprah did not do enough research, and he made money off the hype, then no one is at fault. Everyone made money, & the book is apparently well written, so let's go on to something else.

Anyway, I just had the 1 dog fixed & man, was that a painful ordeal. Not only am I not sure I want a dog, but trying to find a vet who would not charge over $200 was next to impossible! 1 actually wanted $400, and that was with a discount from the Save-A-Life organization & only doing the basic rabies shots. If she was in heat or pregnant, then it would be an additional charge on top of that. Since she was, I kept looking around. $140 later, I am the proud owner of a mutt who can never have puppies.

Say some prayers for me because I was 16 (MANY moons ago) when I last had a thing to do with a dog. Walking my sister's or father's dog does not count in my book. And I really have little to no idea what I am doing now. Figure if I treat her like I treat my nephew, we all should be OK. I hope. Maybe. I'm praying.

2 comments:

  1. I found out through my sis that Angelina is pregnant. Actually, I was rather intriguied, surprised and happy for her, but yes, there are other note worthy things to cover.

    I wish I had done what the author of A Million Little Pieces did, at least I'd me rich now.

    Oh, and congrats on being a mom (to a dog) we thought my sisters cat was pregnant when we took her to get spayed and that would probably would have cost extra, but thankfully she wasn't. It cost her about $260 I think for spaying and shots. *whew*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because the regular media sucks, especially USA Today. They're wondering why their readership (is that a word?) is going down? Well, possibly because they like to insult our intelligence by putting crap like that on the front page.

    ReplyDelete