Please forgive the repetition, but here is the rest of the story I began yesterday.
I was once told by an "interesting" soul all about their personal believes about the town I currently live in and that they have spent their entire live living in. He & his 2 sisters both firmly believed that the reason the town had such bizarre luck was that it was the desecrated remains of an ancient Indian burial ground. And the area their family home was in was a major part of this burial ground, which was why their house was so prone to haunting. Let me say, that if ever there was a family in need of serious counseling, Dr. Phil's personal attention, and Oprah's money, this family was it.
Example 1: The only son was not only hit by an elderly woman, but the elderly woman then backed over him, ran over him again, and then backed over him again. She still claims she never saw him and was confused by the fact that she did not recall there being any speed bumps on that road. He weighs well over 200 lbs, and stands over 6'.
Example 2: The father was literally born without an anus.
Example 3: The sisters have some distinctly unique interpretations of wicca and paganism. OK?
During the mercifully brief period of time I had anything to do with this family, I learned a variety of things. One of them is that if ever a house was haunted, theirs was. There were rooms that would be freezing to the point of ice forming even though there were spaces heaters running year round. This is South Georgia - it never gets that cold! There were rooms that you could not enter even though the door was wide open. Stuff along those lines. What made it really entertaining was the ghosts. I never saw one, but according to the siblings, the one female ghost was rather, ah hem, amorous. The ghost also seemed to swing both ways. I deliberately refused to hear those stories, because that was waaaaay too much information.
The sisters views of paganism and wicca are still worth a laugh. My favorite will always be how they firmly believed that an avatar of Herne lived in the woods along the outskirts of town. They also kept trying tried to convince a friend of mine that her totem animal was not an animal, but a tree. The number of flaws in that idea are pretty self-explanatory, I hope.
Changing subjects, but one of the books I have on the way here at work is Alan Alda's new memoir called "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed." The 2 links are for the cnn.com article and the official book website. I should have the book by Friday and be finished with it within a few days, depending on what all I have to do and what else I get. What I have read so far sounds hilarious.
And another complete change of subject, but I had several weird dream segments last night. I can not get them out of my head and they are just disturbing. Exmi, I think these might top yours.
The 1st was just strange. I was in a car talking with my new boyfriend (?), maybe, perhaps, I have no clue who he was. Just know that there was a strange resemblance to several of the manga/anime characters I enjoy. We were on our way to his races/species compound where he would shed his "glamour" and if I could accept his price, he would accept mine. (Don't ask. Too embarrassing.) Once we parked, he got out, walked around, opened the door, and then helped me kneel while he collared me. We then entered the compound where gorgeous woman was standing, watching this totally buff man doing calisthenics to Queen's "We are the Champion." (Yes, that was weird in & of itself.) We then walked into this room and he, well, shimmered.
I woke up at that point wondering just what the hell was in those crackers I had to eat before bed. I officially swear that I will never eat pickles and crackers before bed again because I have dreams like these.
But the most bizarre dream segment I remember was this. I was sitting on an overstuffed sofa with someone with short dark hair. We were watching "The Guns of Navaroe." On the TV was John Wayne sitting on the pot, pants around his ankles, reading the newspaper, with June Cleaver in her pearls & high heels sitting beside him on a stool, knitting. Incredibly strange. The rest of my dream segments, well, they were incredibly detailed & graphic. It has obviously been far too long because I have managed to go for nearly my entire life without dreams this graphic. They were detailed to the point that going out the nearest dating meat market almost sounds appealing.
Since I blog at work and we have net nannies, I am going to leave this as a teaser. ;-)
The one involving John Wayne was the truly disturbing segment. I can't even recall the last time I saw a picture of him, let alone a movie of his!
ReplyDeleteAnd bad bad pun there. Impressed.
Now I just have to get these damn dreams out of my head!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GAWD! Don't go any further! Yuck!
ReplyDeleteSaved by a much happier thought! (And yes, I am reaching) but several books I requested from a different library are in! I can get them tomorrow after work and further devolve my mind into mush.
ReplyDeleteI really need to start reading books outside of sci-fi, fanyasy, & romance. The rest all require that I think & I am not sure I can do that any more.
In my dream? Well, the unfortunately bad description I can give is that he had the sort of mid-back, white blond hair I'd kill for, with dark brown, almost black eyes with that had a tilt at the sides, tall, muscular but not muscle bound, runners build I guess.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever read/watched the anime "Bastard!," thats the best analogy I can come up with.
Look it up on amazon. They are there.
In my dream? Well, the unfortunately bad description I can give is that he had the sort of mid-back, white blond hair I'd kill for, with dark brown, almost black eyes with that had a tilt at the sides, tall, muscular but not muscle bound, runners build I guess.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever read/watched the anime "Bastard!," thats the best analogy I can come up with.
Look it up on amazon. They are there.
I refuse to get into a wierd dream contest with you. YOur one dream does not equal the fact that mine are constant.......
ReplyDeleteexmi-
ReplyDeletevery true Yours are all bizarre
If a big buggy eyed man ever shows up in my dreams I will be giving up sleep for a month.
ReplyDeleteYou realize that you are the 2nd person who has ever admitted that they have read the Bastard manga's? Exmi is the 1 who infected me with it, but you hold the distinction of being the only other person to even know what I am talking about.
You realize that I am really really really jealous? Not only because you have, but because you went to Japan? And that the depths to what I sink for a chance to get both are pretty deep? WAAAH!
ReplyDeleteGoing on someone else's dime is always best. If I did not have cats, I would probably go as an english teacher. Cripes, if they would let me bring my cats, I would still do it & stay.
ReplyDeleteGirl, you do have some crazy dreams. What did you eat for dinner last night?
ReplyDeleteI had crackers, dill pickles, hot chocolate and raspberry green tea. I am NEVER having that combo again. Cause I obviously have these kind of dreams.
ReplyDeleteThe father was literally born without an anus.
ReplyDeleteYou know what? I don't think I'll ever get this image out of my head for the rest of my life.
zombieslayer -
ReplyDeleteThink of it this way, while the mental scaring has been shared, at least none of us can say that our father was born without an anus. Imagine the mental & emotional scaring from that.
I was reading the web page of an author who just had her first book {about vampires) published. On the web she says that the book came about because of a wierd dream she had and she began writing about it because it stayed with her so powerfully. Maybe your subconscious is trying to start you on a new career. (By the way, the book name is TWILIGHT and the author's name is Stephenie something (first name spelled correctly.)
ReplyDelete