For no real reason I am now going to ramble about underwear. I am a thong girl with 1 exception – when I exercise. Then I pull out my “special collection” of granny panties because there is something about the feel of sweat running from my back, over my butt & down my leg that just grosses me out. The thongs I have, well, there just isn’t enough material to make a difference. So now that I have revealed way too much information, I want to know why so many romance characters bash thong’s? Why is thong underwear considered a “bad girl” thing? And why do so many people complain about the feel of thongs up their butt when, in my book, the worst feeling is when the granny panties bunch up and then you have to do little wiggles to get them to lay flat again.
Next I am curious to know what the appeal is of hose over thigh highs or stockings and garters among women. I won't bother asking why men prefer stockings or thigh highs. The answer is blatantly obvious after all. I HATE DETEST DESPISE AND LOATHE PANTY HOSE!
I want to make that clear. Yet nearly all the women I know would rather admit to picking their nose while driving or (horrors!) peeing in the shower rather than wear stockings or thigh highs.
I honestly do not understand this mentality. It does not help that I have never figured out the fine art of pulling the dam things on and then keeping them run free. Stocking? Thigh highs? I still have some that I picked up at Victoria's Secret 10 years ago and they not only still fit, but have never run, and still look decent. I would not wear them for a "special occasion," but for weddings, church, and work, they work beautifully. They are also able to stand up to small children and clawed animals, which is something that I look for in my clothes. I can't recommend Victoria's strongly enough.
Just wondering.
Yesterday, I had a delightfully dull day and spent some of it gossiping with 1 of my staff ladies. She is currently looking in to getting another Yorkshire terrier. I learned several things during this conversation and am going to share. First, these little dogs are just that – little. It is unusual apparently for them to weigh more than 3 lbs. Guess how much a pure bred costs? During her search, she found prices for puppies, PUPPIES, that ranged from $600.00 to $65000.00. Yes, six thousand five hundred dollars for a freaking ½ lbs. puppy. I eat chocolate bars heavier than that! I was, and still am, stunned. But that is what she wants, so that is what she is getting as part of her Christmas gifts.
This morning was interesting. I am spending the weekend at my mother’s, and thanks to all the affection from the dogs, I made a classic error. I locked the keys in the house. Fortunately, I had left a window open so I had a glorious adventure. Crawling in the window, dodging the dogs, tripping over the cats who wanted to know just why I was coming in the window & not the door like I should. I had to laugh as I ended up on the living room floor with the blinds tangled in my hair (still not sure how I did that), covered in dog slobber, cobwebs, and dew. I was in need of something different to wear to work at 9:15 a.m., when I am supposed to be at work at 9 a.m. & it’s a 40 minute drive. All things considered, it was rather funny & I am just grateful that there was no one to see my completely graceless entry. Or the dogs trying to help. Or the cats yowling at me. Thank God there was no camera's either.
After dealing with these dogs, I am even more firmly convinced that any time a dog is aggressive, it is because of human involvement. The 3 I perform housekeeping duties for are classic examples of spoiled rotten pooches. DD is a pit bull/lab mix who will gain an instant 100 IQ points at the sight of ginger cookies. Her idea of aggression is knocking you over while you rub her belly. Beadle is the elderly statesmen of the group. He is (surprise!) a beagle, which obviously had been beaten given the way he cringes, and rolls over at the sight of a human. That is if he hasn't already run away. I am still surprised he came up to me. As it is, now it would take a crow bar to get him away from his new home. Then comes the newest member of the ravening wolf pack – Zoe. She is probably a grey hound/lab retriever mix. I guess, maybe, perhaps. She is still disgustingly young and shows all the hallmarks of both breeds which makes for an interesting time. She yips like a grey hound, but is needy like a retriever. I am trying to find her a home because I am totally against any pound that does not have a no kill policy.
If anyone wants a 40 lbs. white dog, let me know. I’ll send pictures and something can be arranged. Because otherwise, I will end up keeping her & I do not need a dog. I might want a dog, but I am totally unprepared for a dog. Another cat? Sure. A dog? Ack! I keep running through my head all the reasons I should just take her to the pound, despite my objections. I have no collar, bowls, kennel, leash, money, anything to take care of her. I am at work for 9 hours and have a 2 hour drive, total, each day. I flat out do not have the time to take care of a dog properly. Last time I checked, dogs are more needy and require daily attention. Cats, which I can handle, only want a decent housekeeping staff and attention on their terms. I can do that. I am also going to be moving in with my mother soon, and she is oddly anti-pets.
My sister and I have never really understood how she ended up so anti-pet. Her brother has always had dogs. In fact, he just got another little dust mop of a dog, a bichon frieze this time. Her mother always had dogs. My sister & I have 3 cats & a dog each – though I am hoping to lose a dog soon. Of her 2 nieces (a.k.a. my cousins), 1 has 4 wiemerieners (& wants more), while the other has a mutt she found walking home from work. So where mom developed her bias is beyond me.
Though as I think about it, my sister’s dog is old and showing all the classic signs of a dog in its last phase of life. The 4-legged child has problems getting up or down, be it from a sit to a stand or a lie to a sit. She has to struggle and it obviously hurts. She no longer eats as much, and is perfectly willing to sleep all day. So a young dog moving in would probably be a good idea. Deuce Ann just can’t keep up with my nephew any more. A young dog that would play would probably be a blessing in disguise. Sounding this out a bit now. Zoe would love all the attention. My sister stays at home because she is in school now. My nephew is in a year round school, so he would be there to play with Zoe, which would let Deuce stay inside and be closer to her personal goddess, my sister. And when Deuce went to the giant play pen, Zoe would be there and all sorts of issues could be averted.
Real question is, would my mom buy that line of crap?
I just answered a bathroom call (a patron reported a stopped toilet). One of the mysteries of dealing with public bathrooms is a permanent case of, “How?” and “Why?” Examples include: how did they get all those rolls of TP stuffed in that toilet? How did that spray get on the back of the seat in the women’s restroom? Why is the men’s restroom always so gross comparatively? Even though the women’s is usually the nastiest? Things like that.
It’s now 3:30 p.m. and I have finished “SilverFin; A James Bond Adventure,” by Charlie Higson. The book is 1 of Bond’s 1st adventure and surprisingly well done. There are bits about how Bond became Bond and how he grew up. Part of why I liked the book is because Higson stayed true to Ian Fleming’s character. Higson just tied it all up in a neat bow. I can recommend the book, but not reading at work unless your boss is far away & you are the boss. Kind of like me!
OK, when is the fashion fad of pants so big they fall off your ass going to die? And when do people realize that a little perfume, after shave, musk, cologne, body spray, whatever goes a long way? I just had an individual walk by with his pants so baggy I was not only able to see his boxers, but his tidy whitey’s underneath. To add insult to injury, he stank of some men’s cologne I do not recognize, but I can certainly taste. Gack!
Here is another gripe though it is about books this time. Why is it that the only one who can save the world is a young child? Why can’t it be that old grey beard in a wheel chair? Instead of the Buffy-types, why can’t it be the geek over in tech services who is a walking stereotype of the worst kind. And come on, hasn’t anyone figured out that prophecies are only as good as all the people who are working together? Sheez! Ghenges Khan and Alexander were 2 of histories greatest leaders, but they certainly did not do it by themselves. Last time I checked, they both had advisors, generals, etc. tagging along and doing all sorts of grunt work. And let’s not forget all those grunts either.
Anyway, it's almost time to go to mommy's so later!
Well, I thunk about it and I'm just going to behave and not say a damn thing about thongs & thigh-high stockings...
ReplyDeleteWould they include 4" spike heels?
LOL
All right. Somebody defending thongs.
ReplyDeleteWife swears by them. Says they're so much more comfortable.
As for a kid saving the world, I lose interest immediately. Those stories are usually either too campy or two phoney.
Could use some aggression in those dogs. Might stop the thieves.
ReplyDelete