Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yeck!

This week has been interesting, but naturally, the cool stuff was simple humdrum events. The bad stuff (which really was not that bad) makes a better story.

The good stuff was that the books I ordered from the book version of netflicks arrived, mom was out of town so I was able to be an adult and watched real movies that did not involve Scooby-Doo or trhe Power Rangers. I even had a glass of wine! Oh, and I watched "Jarhead." An interesting movie with several HIGHLY memorable moments. I will never look at Santa hats in the same way again. But not worth seeing on the big screen, that's for sure.

The funny bad stuff, now, that's the interesting stuff.

Monday I learned something about my personal idea of hell. It is being a school field trip chaperone. I know more trips as a chaperone are in my future, but WAAAH!!!! Sums it up best. my nephew's 1st grade class (plus 2 other 1st grade classes) went to a local church pumpkin patch. Since it was less than a mile away, the kids walked and so my sister & I volunteered to go along. My mantra for the day was "I love my family." Talk about a horrible thing to do to yourself! A bunch of hyper active kids with no manners, all walking down the road! Yikes! And then we went to a park where the kids ate lunch and had recess. That was cool because I sat off towards the back - away from the kids - and chilled out from my strong desire to wring their little necks. Eventually, we toddled off back to school & my sister & I came home. Not nearly soon enough.

I know there are people out there who would find this sort of event to be enjoyable or completely nonchalant about it, but for me, I do not want, like, or need children of my own. A dog is too much effort most days. I can handle a cat and fish because they are mostly self-sufficient. Cripes, if you dump fish into a pond at the right time of year, they do not even need help surviving. Cats, well, they need help with can openers. Otherwise, they'd take over the world. That and since humans are bigger, they are at a size disadvantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment