Thursday, May 05, 2005

People!

Yesterday, I had yet more reminders of all the reasons why people can be such idiots. First, there was a family of 3 adult women and 2 children who came in to were I work. The grandmother stayed with the 2 children while the mother & her sister(?) went to the other side of the building to do online research on the police records of various friends & relatives.

In & of itself, that is not a problem. The problem came when the 2 children became so loud & obnoxious that not only could I hear them from the other side of the building, but others were complaining. When the grandmother was asked to quiet the 2 to a more acceptable level, the real trouble began. Instead of telling the kids to speak in their "inside voices," she huffed and demanded to know how I expected her 2 darlings to be quiet because they were kids after all. But, she agreed to take them outside.

Once the mother was informed of the change of plans, things really went down hill. Apparently, I am stupid and a "rude bitch." For some strange reason, I actually feel complimented.

The other stupidity I ran across yesterday was how people can't seem to realize that when there is an "Out of Order" sign on a bathroom stall, and the door is locked, then that means don't go in there! What I found in there is really disgusting but what is it about people? I know the literacy rate is going downhill, but common sense should rise up and smack somneone in the face when the door is locked for heavens sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment