Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Todays Random Thoughts

I have just watched a few movies and read several books & figured I'd share my opinion.

I watched the movie "Ray" and it was absolutely incredible. Whatever his name is who played Ray deserves every single award that he got. The sound track was absolutely fantastic. This is a movie definitely worth seeing.

BUT (surprised?) the problem that I had is the creators focused so strongly on the drugs & affairs, that all the rest of his life were almost forgotten. This is a man who went from the middle of nowhere with nothing but all sorts of strikes against him to but the movie focused on his drug addiction and affairs.

The other movie I have a "BUT" about is "The Flight of the Pheonix." I definitely enjoyed the movie. Some of the scenes were surprisingly funny and I loved the interaction between the actors. And the way they react to those little set backs are so incredibly accurate!

BUT! They were trapped in the middle of the Gobi desert, with limited amounts of food and water. Yet they were still reasonably clean, shaved, their clothes in decent shape despite being in a plane crash, 2 sandstorms, and working on a jury rigged plane construction. REALITY CHECK PLEASE! there is no way!

I also have been reading - a lot - and I am pleased to say that I have managed to add to my personal book collection. My Jayne Ann Krentz collection is about half finished. I am almost up to date on my Mercedes Lackey collection. The Jim Butcher collection is as up to date as possible. I have added to my Alan Dean Foster's. And I FINALLY have found a complete list of all of Christina Skye's work. I am slowly completing that set as well. And thats just from this past week's shopping expedition.

I have also managed to have 2 interviews for 2 jobs I think I would enjoy and am praying I will get. Say some prayers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment