I have just read several books and have all sorts of opinions to announce.
The first book I am going to air my veiws on is David Weber's We Few. The book was great, but someone, please tell me that there will be another book in the series! I hate when a series is wrapped up in a manner that leaves openings for another series. I want tidy endings. A flaw, but in my reading I feel free to demand them because Lord knows they never happen in real life. My so-called love life is a testament to that.
And no, I am not going to talk about plot details and such because unless you have read it, them I am giving neat details away. So, after saying that, let me say that the restaurant was really cool. The descriptions were just neat & I enjoyed the use of references to locations I might actually be able to find on a real map, even though the setting of the book is some day in the far far distant future. The strong female characters was another plus for me, along with the theory on why women have breasts.
The other book, that was also fun, is Laurell Hamilton's Stroke of Midnight. That was a fun read, but enough of the sex! I like sex as much as anyone, but I like having a plot to support the sex. Mindless sex is only fun when you are in you 20's. After a while, it gets stale - pun intended. This book was an improvement over the past few of hers. This one actually serves a purpose.
It is NOT a stand alone book, but it does help tie together the series and the Celtic myth interpretations are rather interesting. Hamilton is definitely a literalist, thats for sure.
The rest of this weeks reading have all been romantic trash. Some Nora Roberts, Jayne Ann Krentz, those supermarket paperbacks, etc. I loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment