Sunday, April 17, 2005

Random Thoughts

Just some thoughts I have had recently -
1. Why is it that almost all movies about the end of the world involve a catholic priest or nun? Can anyone name a movie where it was a southern baptist minister? A mormon elder? A menonite? How about a preacher? Why must it always be a catholic? Talk about stereotypes!
2. Has anyone but me noticed the way pop fiction has started relying on sex and not that old fashioned thing called a plot? Or am I mistaken in this? I am not saying that all writers are turning into sex fanatics, but there have to be well writen books that do not involve sex. And I am not talking about what is known as "inspirational fiction." That stuff is remarkably annoying by my standards. I have found some authors worth reading, but the angst the characters feel because the person they are falling in love with has issues with God and does/has not followed the same path to God makes me ill.
3. Which leads in to my next random point, who made the decision that there is only one path to God? And why is it always the same path that the person speaking has taken is the one, true way? Hasn't it occurred to these people that their way is just that? Their way! I get rather tired of hearing how someone is such a strong believer or whatever because they go to whatever church and do all the so-called right things in a dramatic, public fashion. I find it rather sickening.
And thats all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment