Saturday, April 02, 2005

Latest Reading

As a public library manager, some of my reading choices are rather vile, but I am a control freak & feel the need to keep up with what John Q. Public is reading. But am I the only person stunned at how awful some of this pap is? I admit to being addicted to the silly romance novels & enjoy re-reading the Walter Farley's, C.S. Lewis Narnia series, and such, but since when has it been necessary to dumb down kids books?
(I apologize for the stream of consciousness approach, but I'm at work & these silly people keep interrupting me.)
I've been skimming a lot of the teen & juvenile books lately & am rather horrified to discover that they are reaching the point of drivel. The reason I find this so horrifying is because so many of the so called adult books have become excuses to air personal nuerosis so I have been relying on the teen books as a way to keep from developing any more of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment