Saturday, July 22, 2006

It's Freakin' Hot!

It's been a while since I posted. Wish I could say it was because something exciting was happening, but that's not in the cards. Over the past few weeks, our A/C has crashed & died. Fortunately, the repairmen were prompt and saved us from being broiled alive. I've been working in this 100 degree heat at the nursery and then spending my days off here at home clearing the yard of various mulberry bushes & vines.

I have also been to see the new "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." I loved it, but with 1 major proviso. I have listened to the reviews and general hype so I know what is coming up in next year's installment. So a lot of the excitement was just not there. I enjoyed it, but knowing just killed the climatic thrills.

1 of the benies of going to the theater was the trailer for the new Transformers movie coming out next July. Since I grew up watching those cartoons and playing with the toys, and generally enjoying my childhood, I am looking forward to seeing more about the movie. I will go see Tranformers for pretty much the same reason will go see Miami Vice. I grew up watching the show & I am curious to know what comes next. Besides, I can't rent in this house until my mother goes back to work because my taste in movies is too violent for her taste. Since she is Mom, she rules.

I have no desire to be a mom, but mom's sure have the power. Really kind of grumpy about that. But, since I am living for free right now, I guess I should be counting my numerous blessings & try not to be too obvious as I count the days.

Not much else going on. Working with plants either at work or here at home. Reading when I grab a few hours. Going to be around 9 pm so I can get up at 4 am to have some privacy and do my yoga before everyone else is up. I have learned most conclusively that when I do my yoga alone early in the morning my day goes much more smoothly & peacefully. If I sleep in, then I end up being a jungle gym for my nephew & trying to flow from upward dog to downward dog is hard enough with a bad back, adding 60 lbs of hyper active 7 yr old makes it impossible. Since I also get to be a sounding board for my mother & pet diversion for my sister so she can become human, it is just easier to get up ridiculously early. 1 of my goals is to buy a cheap DVD player so I can do my yoga in my bedroom in privacy. I know there will be comments, but at least I will have peace.

When I finally do move out, I will be a rabid dog where my privacy is concerned. I will be more than happy to have guests, but only by appointment. Preferably 4 weeks in advance. And maybe I'll make arrangements so my company can stay in a motel. And I am going to create a wine "cellar" because I am the only drinker right now. I am not a big drinker by any stretch, but I do like having a glass of wine occasionally, usually when I take a hot bath and am burning candles, listening to soothing Gregorian chants, and generally relaxing. But that will have to wait a bit. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment