Today has been a good day. Despite some bad news the other day about exmi's dog, Beadle, life is actually pretty good. Beadle, last I heard was doing good and recovering well from a rattle snake bite. I am going to hold on to this positive feeling with teeth and nails, because I need it to cope.
However, in the past week & a half since I last posted, lots of fun things have happened.
I went with my sister & nephew to see the GREAT movie "CARS". THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!! I fully intend to add that to my personal collection, plus I already have the sound track. I sincerely wish that there were more movies like this one. There was nothing you could not discuss with others, there were lots of adorable moments, several really great laughs, and it was fun for all 3 of us.
I also watched the movie "The Brothers Grimm." Don't bother seems the best way to put it.
I was FINALLY hired. I am now working at a garden nursery. Only 16 hours a week, no benefits beyond a 30% staff discount, minimum wage, it is hot, sweaty, and - let me stress this - REALLY HOT & SWEATY work, but so far, I am enjoying it. The people whom I have met are incredibly nice. We laugh a lot. They introduced me to a new brand of shoes that I am starting to fall in complete love with because they are beyond comfortable. They are called crocs. Check them out. They come in extra small, small, medium, large & extra large sizes, but it doesn't matter. I have the smalls because I wear a 6 1/2, and these fit like a dream. The added advantage is that they are made out of rubber so when I get water sloshing all over, they do not gain an additional 20lbs. like wet sneakers do. Throw in the funny little massaging bumps, and these are really great on your feet all day shoes.
Continuing my positive list, I have a SC driver's license, my car is legally registered here in SC, I have a job so I can legitimately get out of the house with no one accompanying me, I have dropped 10 lbs., so I am down to 153 & have 28 more to go. I have found some really good green tea by Lipton. I have my own bedroom with my own bed and that is beyond wonderful. I am no longer sleeping with my sister. YIPPIE! I can actually close the door and be as barbaric as I please. Or even better, I can go to sleep!
That's about it right now. I am tired. This time in the sun is HARD. I am actually developing a tan for the 1st time in years and it is startling. I look down to wash my legs in the shower and they aren't fish belly white. They are tanned! I have some incredible tan lines, but since I am wearing shorts, it is not too bad.
Well, I'm SO HAPPY that you found a job and have your own room now. Thank god for lifes sweet pleasures, huh. Most of my experience is in admininstration, but I'm trying to move into health care and see how I can switch over.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to move into Medical Billing but unfortunetly I didn't take this class at school when I had the chance and now I'll have to pay out of pocket which is not an option until I find a job. I'm want to get a job working in a medical office, reception, anything. But it's not going well.
At this point I might have to settle for anything, but I wanted it to be that because so many clinics and hospitals want you have worked in a medical office before. Sigh. I'm volunteering now, but if i get a job I might have to drop out. I hate that thought, I don't want to be flaky that way.
Anyway, I've posted enough. Congrats! Glad things are looking better for you. Thanks for your comments!