I just finished a book I heard about on SCTV called "Left to Tell" by Immaculee Ilibagiza. I picked it up mainly because it was being discussed by Wayne Dwyer. Since my mother enjoys him, I requested it from the library. It FINALLY came in & I read it this evening. It is a quick read but rather surprising in its depth of devotion to God and in her ability to recall conversations from a decade ago.
Don't get me wrong, I did read it & I have copied paragraphs into my personal growth & inspirational journal. But it is things like her amazing ability to recall conversations that niggle. I recommend this book because it is an easy book to read & has some powerful themes as the basis. But . . .
What can I say? I am the type who wonders how an insurance adjustor would react if a normal person reported some of the accidents we see in the blow 'em up & shoot 'em up movies out now. I also wonder just what would happen if that assassin sniper had a serious case of Montezuma's revenge, would he have still managed to pull off that amazing shot?
Oh & to Three Score & Ranger Tom, THANK YOU! I am alive & well (mostly) and am enjoying life. The modeling gig was a lot of fun. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment