Well, I am kind of back. Since I was fired, life has been a bit stressful. This is going to another year where I wonder about karma & just what did I do in a past life.
Let's see, I have been fired, caught pneumonia germs from my nephew which knocked me flat for the next 3 weeks, moved in with my mother (& my sister & her 6 yr old son), have had the exquisite joy of sharing a bed with my sister & our 5 cats because my furniture is in storage, wrenched my back badly enough that it has only been in the past few days that I can stand/sit/lift/bend/breath without assistance from handy pieces of furniture, been cleaning like mad (which is NOT fun when you can't bend-over, lift, sit, or any other form of flexibility)., and generally wondering why I have not even received thank you, but no thank you letters/emails/calls from the places I applied to over the past few weeks.
Other than that, life has been fairly good. About the only items of possible interest are that I had a truly strange dream involving an ex-boyfriend who was calmly working away while telling me that he would be back soon to get me. Trust me, that was not something I wanted to dream about. I have been to a knitting class with my sister. Learned that I am not all that interested in crafts in general, and knitting most definitely. However, my sister is so I have new realms for future gifts I was pleased to note.
I did a friend of my mother's a favor so I was on TV in a 6 second blip. The woman makes those ornate hats people wear to tea parties, horse races, etc. She needed a model & I agreed. It was an absolute blast! We drove up to the location - Camden, SC - so that we would get some sleep & be able to find the place the actual filming was to take place during daylight hours. Had an absolutely fantastic dinner, then gossiped for the next few hours. Then, MUCH too early the next morning, we got up and were at the location at 5 freakin' a.m. NONE of us were bright eyed & bushy tailed, trust me. The only exception was the reporter. Then at 5:45 we were on for a total of 90 seconds. I was fortunately not really in the live feed because of the way the camera was angled for most of that 90 seconds. Unfortunately, the few moments I KNOW I was on live, I had shifted to be facing the reporter & my mom's friend as they discussed the hat I was wearing,I shifted again and turned to look around. Guess what was right under the brim of my hat? The camera lens! I am positive the brief moment of shock was caught on live TV. Thrilling.
I have received numerous compliments in the form of several people taking anywhere from 2-10 years off my actual age so I know that I am doing something right. That is thrilling.
I have been to the local annual Pet Spring Fling & had a blast at that. Then again, I love fuzzies & seeing all the cute puppies was well worth the $5 donation & risks of walking around in sandals (like an idiot).
Took my sister & nephew to see a local 1 hour production of "Willy Wonka." THAT was an absolutely brilliant idea. Some genius decided that little kids & their families deserve a night at the theater and a few years ago started producing 4 plays each year geared towards kids & their families. They last an hour & afterwards there is cookies & milk - or something similar. Kids & their parent's can arrive in their jammer's if they want. This was my 1st time going & we all loved it. For a kid, the play was the right length, there was lots of music and neat objects in bold, bright colors, they were having a night with their parent's (or grandparents or aunt's or uncle's or whomever), and it was really just a good production all the way around. I adored what they did with the Oompa Loompa's and the grandparents. The Oompa Loompa's were old rolling chairs turned into puppets with those solid line Christmas lights, and the grandparents were doll's. For anyone involved in theater &/or puppetry, copy the idea if you can. We had a blast!
Well, that is all there is in my world. I will start posting again because I have too much time to kill at night while my sister studies & everyone else sleeps. Since I am the type who eats when bored, this is a better option for my waist line if nothing else.
Other than that, not much has happened.
I'm soooo glad to see you back alive and well!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you terribly!
Welcome back to the land of the living Steph. (Now that you saw the production, you have an idea of why I am a puppeteer - of sorts)
ReplyDelete