I hope those of you with DSL, cable or broadband treasure your speed and continuous access. Here at my mother's, we have dial up & it is EXTREMELY tiresome. Since sitting for extended periods is painful for me, it has additional detractors in my book. Throw in the fact that it is remarkably easy to get kicked off the net, usually in the middle of applying for a job, and my levels of patience have dropped dramatically.
Glad you're back! I haven't been here in a while, I'll have to catch up. I feel you on the job hunt. Make sure you check Craigslist.
ReplyDeleteI hope things pick up for you, and me too. I'll be out there pounding the pavement right along with you.
My mattress is bad too so that's another thing we have in common. My back hurts every morning. Sigh.
Oh, and I have dialup and my sister has DSL. I listen to podcasts over there and of course everything is 1,000 times faster. Sometimes the dial up is so slow I don't think I can stand it, and the disconnects make me want to cry. The only joy I get is being able to listen to itunes.
Good luck with things!
Doesn't dialup truely suck? I had dialup for years and didn't realize how great cable was until I got it. I think I'd go nuts if I had to go back to dialup!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you!