Monday, November 21, 2005

It's Monday

I have found at the ever wonderful Wal-mart a wonderful way to annoy people. I found the Christmas bell jewelry. At $1 a piece, not to bad, & when it goes on sale I am REALLY going to stock up on the stuff. Right now I am wearing the bell bracelet on the same wrist as my metal watch so every key stroke, every step, every time I pick something up, the bells jingle. It is so freaking annoyingly cheerful & holiday themed that no one can really complain. I am loving it! It helps that I honestly love bells and would cheerfully wear bells dripping from my toes like they do in that old nursery rhyme from Mother Goose -

Ride a cock-horse to Banbury Cross,
To see a fine lady upon a white horse;
rings on her fingers and bells on her toes,
and she shall have music wherever she goes.

There is something about that nursery rhyme & the standard drawings that accompany it that I just like. Since I am the type who has bells and chimes hanging throughout every room in the house, on nearly every door, then wearing them is a shift in weight, forget small step.

This morning, while puttering, I reached a conclusion the exmi in particular will appreciate. I decided that I would stop decorating the bathrooms in frogs. You will have to ask him what his issues are about my froggy bathrooms, but as I looked around I decided that I preferred the chimes, bells & cats. The frogs are going to have to go. I like the little happy green frogs myself, or the funny ones with crowns, but there is only so much you can do with frogs. While I like the cheerful green, I vastly prefer the sound of the chimes and bells when I turn on the fans, open doors, or the cats walk through them. Frogs just aren't that soothing.

2 comments:

  1. I agree froggies are cute, esp. those small little green tree frogs that share a strong resemblence to Geico's geiko, but cats bells & chimes are easier to accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so freaking annoyingly cheerful & holiday themed that no one can really complain.

    You know what's really annoying? Little kids with whistles. I'll take holiday anklets any day over kids with whistles. Everyone's afraid to complain about kids with whistles though because they're afraid to hurt the kid's feelings. They really ought to wait until the kid is not looking then smack the parents who gave them a whistle.

    ReplyDelete