Monday, November 07, 2005

It's A Monday

Ranger Tom, Zombie Lama - I’m sorry! I know that I have been off the blog recently. All I can say is that being understaffed makes for an exciting time and I really and truly hate it. Mostly because it leaves me exhausted and wide open to those delightful flu bugs. Fortunately, drugs are available at the local Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, especially since I fully intended to bake this weekend, I did nothing beyond sleep and pretend to function at work.

This has been 1 of the few times I have been grateful that this job is so mindless. I have been tanked up on NyQuil & DayQuil & a true zombie.

I am beyond brain dead right now. I just want to sleep yet if I do not show up, it throws an already bad staffing situation into the sort of chaos that I will feel guilty about. I hate feeling guilty and being catholic, I feel guilt remarkably easily.

I wish that I could say something about the past week or so, but well, it is all a blur. I know that I watched Jet Li’s “Unleashed,” and enjoyed it. I know that I read several dozen books and enjoyed them all, but it would take more brain cells than I currently have to tell you what I read. I know that several projects have been completed here at work. I can name those because I am looking right at them.

We have decorated for Thanksgiving. The inventory process has been completed and the equipment sent on. The nonfiction has been shifted and sometime this week I will finish the biographies, reference, mysteries & inspirational sections. What is scary about that is the fact that while there are more sections, they still only equal out to ½ the adult nonfiction. I have plans to weed the collection soon and that is the highlights of my work. Excitement.

It amazes me how incredibly busy this place can be when 1 or more staff members are gone. When I have a full staff, I can get everything on my plate accomplished, come up with make work for volunteers, assign jobs to my staff, and we can all have plenty of time to still read a book or 2 a day. Yet 1 person takes off, and all bets are off.

Last night I watched 1 of the few shows I make a point of watching – Extreme Home Make Over on ABC. I know it is a bunch of sentimental crap and there are numerous flaws, but I still like the show. I know that questions like how are they going to pay for the new & improved power bill are floating about in these new home owners heads, but still! These are incredible houses geared specifically towards these families. There are millions of families just like these who need help just as badly, but it does not change the fact that these specific families now have better, safer homes. Every single bit helps.

After that, I watched the anime “Gantz.” Let me say that is 1 of the more interesting animes I have seen in a long time and exmi’s brother is obviously sadistic because he only gave exmi vol.’s 1 through 3! I appreciate how exmi shared the animes despite being tortured with Extreme Home Make Overs. However, I want to know what happens next! I refuse to be patient!

Zombie Lama tagged me with this & I have been sitting on it for a while.

Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. Go to the San Diego Zoo
2. Spend a month touring the Smithsonian
3. Travel to New Zealand
4. Go on a photographic safari of Africa
5. See the Great Wall of China
6. Go to the National Zoo
7. Write & publish several books

Seven things I can do (Skills Napoleon):
1. Organize anything
2. Clean almost anything
3. Read ridiculously fast
4. Attract 4 legged fuzz buckets in alarming quantities
5. Find resources
6. Avoid unpleasantness
7. Delegate unwanted chores

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Say “I am not interested,” to telemarketers
2. Be social
3. Cope with stupidity
4. Work on cars
5. Anything related to plumbing
6. or electrical work
7. Dance

Seven things I say a lot :
1. Really?
2. Uh Huh
3. Hello
4. How can I help you?
5. Why?
6. What the hell/fuck is this?
7. O-Kay

Seven things I find attractive in a male:
1. Their voice
2.Their face
3. Their smell
4. Sense of humor
5. Ability to laugh
6. Ethics
7. Eyes

Seven celebrity crushes?
1. Jason Stratham
2. Patrick Stewart
3. Viggo Mortenson
4. ????
5. ????
6. ????
7. ????

And I know that I am supposed to tag 7 others, but everyone has already done this, so why bother?

For the record, I am ready to go home. It is 6:50 pm & I get off at 8 pm, but I was ready at 2 pm to go home to bed. It does not help that I still need to run by WalMart & the bank & take care of all those "little" 5 minute chores. I might skip them all & just get up ridiculously early tomorrow & take care of everything then.

1 comment:

  1. I know that I watched Jet Li’s “Unleashed,” and enjoyed it.

    I've been meaning to rent this but just haven't yet. Glad you enjoyed it. It looks interesting, and I really like Jet Li. I've been waiting for him to make a really good movie.

    You'd love New Zealand. We tried moving there in the 80s but they wouldn't let us in. They have a strict immigration policy. I'm kind of glad though, because if that country turns into another 50 million people island (or I should say islands), it would suck just like everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete