Monday, January 15, 2007

It's Hot!

I am amazed to be writing this, but I am actually wearing shorts. It is January 15th, and I am wearing shorts and a light t-shirt. It is perfect weather for it. But it is January 15th! I am confused! Isn't supposed to be cold? Did I miss a memo or something?

I am feeling bleck today. I was at work and it was yet another fun and exciting day. I do enjoy the job, but I really and truly do wish that I made more so that I could move out. I want a shower. A real shower. With space and actual room. Oh well. Some day.

Has anyone else been following the confusing case of the 2 boys re-united with their families? 1 kidnapped a few years ago & the other a few days ago? Can anyone help me understand why these boys did nothing to get back to their real families? I admit that I want to run away from mine on a routine basis, but that's just a bit over the top. In other words, I am really confused as to just what was happening and Stockholm syndrom does not cover it in my book.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I read that article today. My first thought was, "Is anyone from child services going to look into what was going on in these homes before the children were kidnapped?" I'm sure further info will come out, but will we ever really get to see the whole picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to remember that the psychology of children, pets and captives will have similar reactions of dissociation from a "reality" hurtful to bear. Madness might be a bit too harsh, but elements of delusion will be normal. Brainwashing, reduced nutrition's effects on the mind, and other conditioning have an effect of slavery.
    I'm hypothesizing here, but suspect I'm not far off. Read up on the Moonies or such and their enlistment strategies for a more graphic and detailed analysis. It is so strong a force that expert "deconditioning" used to be recommended for symptoms similar to battle trauma effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you are both right, but it is amazing to realize just how shaky a person's basic grasp on who they are is. It is down right terrifying to realize that all it takes is enough repetition and abuse/reward treatment to make anyone give up everything they hold dear as well.

    ReplyDelete