It has been interesting of late. I have had to help my sister deal with the death of her oldest cat. My great aunt just died in her sleep. I have been "fortunate" not to actually need to miss work because of the timing involved. Work has continued to prove a massive disappointment. I have yet to receive anything but a thank you, but no thank you letter in response to ANY of the jobs I have applied for. I am feeling a bit unlovable.
Work is in many ways the biggest disappointment. I do enjoy the work itself. My co-workers are all highly intelligent, well traveled individuals with whom I enjoy working. The problem lies in how many of the ideas/promises are not carried through. Oh well. Life goes on.
As for my job searching, I have done everything I can think of to increase my odds of finding a good job with a decent pay check and benefits. I have read the books. Signed up for the hints from Monster, CareerBuilder, Quints, JobFinder, etc., and have had no luck what so ever. I am at a loss here. I am tired of living pay check to pay check and not having enough money for any of those little extras. Little things like a trip to the dentist, getting my car oil changed, buying new freaking socks. Once I pay all my bills (cell phone - $50, bankruptcy - $56, car insurance - $79, and storage unit - $90) I am lucky to have $30 left over to buy basics like deodorant and whatever the cats need. Since I work an average of 14 hours per week, at $8/hour, you do the math.
I have even started applying for jobs at gas stations, the Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, etc. Nothing. I am over educated and have no luck what so ever. This just sucks.
I keep trying to cheer myself up and keep firmly at the fore front that part of my blah's stem from the holiday season. I can not recall a good holiday season - ever - so I become increasingly stressed and unhappy until about Jan. 5th when life returns to normal. I can not wait until Jan. 5th 2007!
Other than my blah's, life is pretty normal. I work. I attend funerals. I clean around the house & try and pay rent by taking care of the yard for my mother. Run my sister around so that she can take care of what she needs to accomplish so that she can graduate and get a job herself. And job hunt. Oh, and apply for jobs maniacally.
No comments:
Post a Comment