Friday, December 10, 2010

Zombies

For the past few weeks, in between getting ready for Thanksgiving & other chaos, I sat at an apartment complex trying to capture a feral cat. I figured something out while sitting hour after hour. The reason there are so many zombies or infected people in horror flicks is because people are completely unobservant. Based on what I saw sitting there, 90% of humanity will be infected/dead before anyone clues in.

I sat there, off & on, for 3 weeks at the same general time. During that period, only 4 people noticed me. Beside the dumpster where I had the trap set up - a wire have-a-heart live capture trap - maybe 2 people each day noticed it. That is a generous number. It was covered in either a blue or leopard striped freaking' towel that flapped in the wind, stank of wet cat food & sandwich meat, & people never noticed. The only people who noticed were the ones who had their dogs & even a few of them never noticed. Their dogs were on retractable leashes, so they kept walking & unless the dog was tangled, never looked to see what their pet was doing.

If this is what humanity is becoming, then we deserve to be wiped out. I am sitting in an orange Kia Borego illegally parked perpendicular to the parking lines. ( Might have that wrong but I was parked incorrectly in a major kind of way.) I have a flash light for reading as it gets dark. And only 2 people noticed me & 1 of them jumped when they did notice me. That is just sad.

But at least now I understand why so many people are roaming around as infected/zombies in all the horror flicks. No one notices anything. People are caught up in their own thoughts/digital world, so if some drooling zombie were to come lurking along & bite them, they would not notice anything but the annoying smell & look in all the wrong places right before eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment