I know that my posting has become ridiculously sporatic. All I can say is that I have a new appreciation for mothers. I have been running 24/7 since I took this job and I am amazed to report that I am loving it. I have laughed more in the past 3 months than I have over the past 13 years. My personal stress levels are down, my temper has evened out to an astonishing degree. I no longer have bouts of semi-suicidal despondency. I am enjoying life again. But I am still stunned, amazed, and in awe of mothers.
I do not know how a normal family does it. In this situation, with so many conflicting responsibilities, errands, and play dates, school demands, work demands. personal demands, I know that my role in this family is necessary. But how do families pull it off in todays world? You need the extended friends & family to make life work if you have children, because there are those nights when the oldest has baseball, the goungest has soccer, mom has a meeting down town & dad has to be out of town (personalize as you need). SO how does dinner get cooked, everyone get where they need to be, and still have time to be a family? Without extended family & friends, taxi drivers, nannies, it would be fat out impossible.
Beyond this world of need that I am being introduced to, life is pretty good. I am sincerely enjoying the fun that I have been having. I have been to everything from a dinner theater to school fairs. Some I could live without, ohers I will return to as often as I can. The dinner theater is definitely 1 of those. It has been nice to be able to sleep at night and not worry.
I told you kids weren't quite as vile as you always thought they were.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see your having a good expereince.
ReplyDeleteScott S.
I don't know, especially single parents. I think it gets done because it has too, and going day to day just happens, and you don't really think about all the scheduling and such, you just figure it out and it doesn't really become a thing until someone asks you how you do it.
ReplyDeleteThough, I know some organization is involved, but I think most just work at it and it works (sometimes) heh. Also, having money, or a nice job you like helps. I can't stress money. LOL
Thanks for share entertainment news with us and we are also presents you a great Entertainment news just click on this site.
ReplyDelete